We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night before cruise

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Louis
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
One night before cruise

We are in need of one reasonable night hotel before a cruise May 3. Originally we could have booked the Best Western Oyimpia for $187 now it is $315 and I read it is not worth the $315. We would like to be in the $175-$200 range since we will be staying three more nights atHotel Ala the end of our cruise and spending $275/nt.Would like something that is convenient to cruise ships and fun places for the afternoon and evening.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,658 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night before cruise

How much are you wanting to spend in euros?

St Louis
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night before cruise

We wanted to spend $175-$$200 USD. If the exchange rate ie 1.35 then I guess that is about 150-175Euros I am guessing. I am not good at math.

St Louis
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night before cruise

Sorry, you are probably talking train not hotel. If the train is 51 Euros each and there are two of us, then not more than that to get to Milan. I don't know what it cost on the train to get to Lake Como. I s the train faster than car? Would have a bettter drive foing Venice to Lake Como by car? Are there things to see on the way if we drive?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,271 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night before cruise

For just one night you are best staying in the area of Pizzale Roma, from which you can take either a land taxi or your cruise shuttle (if offered) or even the people mover (a monorail type thing) if your ship is docked close to where it comes in.

This also saves lugging suitcases up and down the Grand Canal.

However, you will be 30-40 minutes by vaporetto (waterbus) away from San Marco, though it is a lovely, special trip to do this, past all the palazzi.

europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice…

Note, to convert money (or anything else, weights, distances, temperatures) type it into the google search bar. eg 200 usd in euros

http://bit.ly/ynLE8O

or 40 degrees C in F

http://bit.ly/XXP4Ae

St Louis
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night before cruise

We don't need to be San Marco the one night because we will be staying near San Marco for three nights after the cruise. It would be nice to experience a different part of Venice,too. Any hotel suggestions? And where do you catch this people mover?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,250 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night before cruise

A Hotel in Piazzale Roma area would suit , yjat is where the People carries departs from,

europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice…

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One night before cruise

Also looking for one night, I've contacted a few hotels and they're all saying thee night minimum stay. Can't afford that, and flights already booked! Even monastery stays is saying two nights minimum. Any suggestions?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
38 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One night before cruise

My husband and I will be taking a cruise in May and are spending one night before our cruise also. We opted for a Bed and Breakfast and from all the reviews and the communication with owner we are looking forward to our night in Venice. It is very personal since you are communicating directly with owner and they were able to work out a little discount for us. Check out the Bed and Breakfast listed.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One night before cruise

What is the bed & breakfast where you are staying in May?

s49
North Vancouver
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One night before cruise

We also will have one night ih May before our cruise, with our second night staying on the ship before it sails out of Venice. We booked at the Hotel Campiello near San Marco - it gets excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. The rate we are paying including breakfast is 166 Euros per night which translates to $225 CDN. Communication with the hotel has been excellent so far.