We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this enough time?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
is this enough time?

I arrive at venice marco polo airport at 9:15am and leave on a cruise the following day this will be my only day in venice i know its not much but will i still have time to do a little bit of sigjtseeing maybe a gondola ride?

Were staying at the westin europa in san marco our flight gets in at 9:15am from the usa and we check into our cruise the following day around 2 pm

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is this enough time?

Well, obviously you have time for some sightseeing. Get yourself an inexpensive guide book, such as DK "Top Ten Venice", and plan what you would like to do.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,011 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is this enough time?

You can for speed take. A taxi to your hotel. Then go off and explore Maybe take the vaporetto no 1 up the grand canal. Go into San Marco late afternoon or early the next day to appreciate it without tourists, Maybe pick 1 or 2 things that you would like to see and save the rest for next time. a gondola ride would be best at dusk.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,719 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is this enough time?

You will have some time to explore, take a gondola ride, and have supper.

To the extent that you can, try to get some sleep on the plane, since in addition to not having much time, you will also be experiencing jetlag/fatigue. Wish you could get to Venice a few days prior to your cruise.

4. Re: is this enough time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 02, 2014