We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Fenice problem resolved. Many thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
La Fenice problem resolved. Many thanks.

Hello again everyone who kindly answered my cry for help last week regarding the accidental multiple bookings at La Fenice Opera House.

I'm very happy to advise that the problem has been resolved. I did not receive a reply to my second email so wrote again, this time addressing my letter to the Marketing Manager. I still opted for Polite And Diplomatic, and was delighted to receive a reply within a couple of hours, advising that the additional (unintentional and unwanted) bookings had been cancelled and the payment refunded. I AM SO RELIEVED! It worked out to about $1200 Australian and the thought of losing that much made my head spin!

Anyway, all seems to be okay now. Thank you all so much for your advice and good wishes. Happy travelling to you all and my very best wishes. Julie.

Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,548 Reviews
from $75.00*
Dolomite Mountains and Cortina 1-Day...
776 Reviews
from $193.80*
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,575 Reviews
from $56.30*
Special Offer
Venice Skip-the-Line: Doges Palace...
699 Reviews
from $142.50*
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Fenice problem resolved. Many thanks.

Great news!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,100 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Fenice problem resolved. Many thanks.

Thanks for coming back to say what happened and good for you for getting this turned around.

Enjoy your trip and your well earned opera!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Fenice problem resolved. Many thanks.

I'm so glad this worked out, and thanks for reporting back!

Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,475 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Fenice problem resolved. Many thanks.

Well done I was sure that they would do this as they are a professional company you just had to get to the right person...Hope you enjoy the performance.

5. Re: La Fenice problem resolved. Many thanks.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 30, 2014
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor