We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Venice for my parents

Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel in Venice for my parents

My parents in their late 70s are looking for accomodation near shopping in June for 3 nights. They are willing to pay 400 Australian dollars a night.Any recommendations ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Venice for my parents

For those who wish to provide suggestions, AUD400 equals about 315€ based on the current forex rate.

Edited: 3:16 am, January 28, 2013
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,363 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Venice for my parents

4X thought that was a beer :)

That is quite a good rate. Venice is small so any area is good san Marco generally has the more expensive shopping and lots of tourist shops. An area which is good is Cannaregio maybe the lower part. Something like the Foscari Palace, Giorgone Hotel maybe? However have a look on venere.com and see what takes your fancy.

sydney
Level Contributor
209 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in Venice for my parents

We stayed in 'a tribute to music' which is a few minutes walk from st marks and overlooks the lagoon. We had a canal view room which had a small balcony - a suite I think- (they had kindly upgraded us) and it was fantastic. There is a lift in the hotel and the staff were exceptionally helpful. We would sit on our balcony and watch the boats and people pass us by. There is a vaporetto stop very close by too. The room was large and very comfortable and included a lounge area as well. I strongly recommend that you check out this hotel.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,726 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in Venice for my parents

Apart from the streets leading from the Rialto to San Marco you will find the shops in Venice are very scattered.

I would not think Venice the ideal Italian city to visit if shopping is your main concern. My wife finds Milan and Florence much better places to shop for clothes, shoes, gloves, handbags etc. Venice is the place for fine architecture and art plus excellent seafood so I hope these are interests of your parents.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel in Venice for my parents

The Ruzzini Palace hotel is within your price range. A beautifully elegant hotel with good staff. It is a couple of minutes walk from a calle full of shops, supermarkets. It is also less then 10 mins walk to the Rialto and San Marco.

6. Re: Best hotel in Venice for my parents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 30, 2014