We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I get the best ice cream in Venice!?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I get the best ice cream in Venice!?

Me and my partner are going to Venice in the spring. My partner has never been to Italy before! Where can I get the best gelato in Venice?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I get the best ice cream in Venice!?

Try Nico on the Zattere is pretty good

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I get the best ice cream in Venice!?

Of course, "the best" is subjective. We really really like Grom, in the Dorsoduro n'hood.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I get the best ice cream in Venice!?

I think there may be a Grom near to Ca' d'oro vaporetto stop as well? I know they are a 'chain' but I like their nocciola gelato..

I also enjoyed Nico.

And there's a nice gelato place in Campo San Stefano, the name of which escapes me at the moment..

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,592 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I get the best ice cream in Venice!?

I agree with the suggestion of Da Nico on the Zattere, either sitting out over the water (one of the few places where I will gladly pay the extra to enjoy my "Eis Caffé" seated) or a "Gianduiotto da Passeggio" take-away for wandering along the Zattere or to eat over on the way to the Guggenheim.

I personally do not particularly like Grom, and find it overpriced as well (probably because I don't like their "gourmet" ice cream too much to begin with) but there are many local "Gelaterie Artigianali" which make their own gelati from scratch which are very good. We enjoy the corner gelateria at Campo San Leonardo (they also have wonderful "semifreddi" puddings and desert cakes by the slice too).

It probably is not worth a trip across Venice to the Guglie just for that specific gelateria, as the "best" gelato is the one you are enjoying while just wandering around and getting lost, unworried about it since you have nowhere to be and have your gelato to keep you company as you meander discovering new campi and calli.

Edited: 10:42 pm, January 27, 2013
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I get the best ice cream in Venice!?

I am not a fan of Grom either...i found you could taste it was 'artificial' compared to the fresh made stuff, however I guess the queues of people going into Grom disagreed with me.

6. Re: Where can I get the best ice cream in Venice!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 30, 2014