We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Combined Cathedral/Museum Tickets Murano/Burano/Torcello

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Westminster...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Combined Cathedral/Museum Tickets Murano/Burano/Torcello

I will be in Venice soon and want to visit the Islands on my own time. Torcello info mentions that you can purchase a "combined ticket" which would let you tour the church, museum and/or climb the bell tower. Burano and Murano also have a Cathedral and Museum and info seems to indicate you can combine those tours as well. If anyone has done these tours with the "combination tickets" could you advise , if you bought the tickets on the Island and ticket costs. Info also indicated that there was a reduction for seniors tickets....is that correct...it could be more economical to purchase the Venice Connect...not sure...thanks for your input.

UK
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Combined Cathedral/Museum Tickets Murano/Burano/Torcello

Last time I visted you could buy individual tickets or combined tickets for cathedral and bell tower or cathedral, bell tower and museum. All tickets also included admission to the associated Diocesan museum behind St Mark's Square.

I am not aware of a combined ticket covering any other islands. The glass and lace museums are included in the Museum Pass which covers all civic museums.

UK
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Combined Cathedral/Museum Tickets Murano/Burano/Torcello

The cathedral on Burano is free to enter, as are SS Maria e Donato and San Pietro Martire on Murano. The sacristy of San Pietro has an admission charge which is well worth paying. I don't know that there are "tours" - in the sense of guided tours - for any of these buildings.

I wouldn't think that the bell-tower of San Martino (Burano) would be open for obvious reasons. I would be 99.9% certain that those on Murano would not be open to visitors either.

Torcello's bell-tower has been under scaffolding for a long time. Perhaps a recent visitor could let us know if it is open to visitors again, or not.

3. Re: Combined Cathedral/Museum Tickets Murano/Burano/Torcello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 25, 2014