We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Banbury
11 posts
Save Topic
Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

Hi guys,

Reposting here on main venice forum as no response on city forum. i have deleted that discussion

I am Going for a first anniversary with my better Half and wanted to make it a lil more romantic with a gondola ride and Hiring a musician and singer to go along for an hour.

There are some tour companies who arrange this but far too expensive something like 290 euro plus extra for musician

I was thinking of hiring a regular gondola for the official rate or a little higher and hire a musician and singer seperately for an extra charge

Does anybody on this forum have any experience of arranging this. Is it easy to hire a musician with singer at the main gondola stations? Do I ask a gondollier to arrange it? If possible how much would I be looking to pay for this luxury?

Any help would be really appreciated

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,124 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

This is the official tariff for a Gondola ride

www.gondolavenezia.it/history_tariffe.asp…

Without music or singer unless you can hire a Gondolier who sings,. the are several sites which do Gondola seranades , these involve large parties,

can not recall hearing of Musician and singer and Gondolier who would do this if so would not like to think how much it would cost,

Banbury
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

Thanks for the reply,

I know of the official tour company rides but they are usually a few gondolas full of six or so people. I was looking for something more romantic and special

I was thinking of gondola hire for 100 Euro or thereabouts as the evening rate would be in force. I was hoping to spend another 100 euro or so for teh musician and singer. It will be more expensive but it would be more personal.

I just need to figure out how to hire a musician and singer in venice for an hour. The gondola should be easy to Hire

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

The singer and musician are usually sourced by the gondola stations. So your best thing to do is to contact the gondola companies direct. There is an agency http://www.gondolieritravel.com/ linked with many gondola stations they might be able to help.

I doubt you will find a musician and a singer ad hoc willing to sing in a gondola.

The prices listed are per gondola. Note that in the evening they cost more.

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

I know you can get a singer and/or musician (e.g. guitar or accordian) at the Bacino Orseolo gondola station which is located just to the rear of St Mark's Piazza but I don't know whether they have to be booked specially in advance (I suspect not).

Banbury
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

Thank you Illyria2, I will try and sneak out somehow to check if I can get my hands on one for the evening

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

If you use the station Illyria said then yes they have to be pre booked and you will have to take the gondola from the Bacino Orseolo. I think you will find that the musician and singer are often used by different gondola stations. Other places that you can go direct to are the gondoliers by the Gritti ( they also organise the shared gondola with music) Carbon - next to Rialto.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,124 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

Never feel it sounds quite right, when they mostly sing Neaopolitan songs,

Banbury
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

thank you for your helpful reply. if u dont mind me asking how to prebook the musicians and how much do they cost. your help will be appreciated

regards

Banbury
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

thank you for your helpful reply. if u dont mind me asking how to prebook the musicians and how much do they cost. your help will be appreciated.

as regards to.sophies comment about it not sounding right. i agree it might not. but its one of those things you want to experience once. good or bad atleast years down the line i wount look back and say i wonder how would it feel to have a gondola ride with music ;-) plus if it makes the missus happy ill be happy

regards

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Gondola with musician and singer for anniversary

Some of the music is lovely, especially the guitar-playing and the singers with wonderful tenor voices. The one song I hate, which tends to be used a lot, is the happy-clappy "Ciao Venezia!"