We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canal Grande Hotel- Santa Croce is how far from St Mark's?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Canal Grande Hotel- Santa Croce is how far from St Mark's?

I am looking for a family hotel for a group of 11, with 3 kids included.

Need one night stay prior to our cruise.

Don't want to be smack in the MIDDLE of the St Mark's square, too crowded, too noisy from the church bells.

Is this hotel a good choice? I would like a hotel that is very easy to get to with the kids and our group size with quite a bit of luggage from the airport. Then one night stay, would like walking distance (within 5 minutes) to the shopping areas of Venice and St Mark's square.

Please advise. If this is not a good choice, please suggest two other hotels for me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Canal Grande Hotel- Santa Croce is how far from St Mark's?

Thank you SO much. I will book the water taxis !

Thank you again !!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Canal Grande Hotel- Santa Croce is how far from St Mark's?

To use google maps for Venice, you need to click the 'walking' route button rather than the car or bus route button otherwise it won't work properly.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Canal Grande Hotel- Santa Croce is how far from St Mark's?

Ah... thank you. That's good to know.

Thank you !

UK
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Canal Grande Hotel- Santa Croce is how far from St Mark's?

The on-line maps of Venice are not very good - the names of places only appear when you get so close that you cannot see all of Venice on the same screen. Get a guide book with maps, or a paper map of Venice. If you have a map that doesn't show you where Piazzale Roma and Piazza San Marco are, then you cannot be looking at a map of Venice!

15. Re: Canal Grande Hotel- Santa Croce is how far from St Mark's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 11, 2014