We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

Hi,

its going to be our first tiem in venice and seeking advice, how to get from venice (vce) airport to Carnival Palace hotel I been reading about water taxis and water bus ect, I'm not after the cheapest way to get there but not the water taxi. How much will a water bus cost and how long would it take, is there a train from the airport near to my hotel?? or the bus by road will that take me to Carnival Palace??

thanks

nick

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,567 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

Look at the Alilaguna ferry Arancio line €15 per person to Guglie this is just a short walk to the Hotel,

www.alilaguna.it

USA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

No train at the airport.

A water taxi would be 100 euros for up to 5 or 6 people with luggage to take you directly to your hotel--so if you have several people the per person cost isn't bad. And it's the most fun way to get into historic Venice.

Other options are a land taxi to P. Roma--maybe 25 euros--then you walk and/or take water bus (vaporetto 7 euros) to your hotel. Land bus--2 or 3 euros to the P. Roma--then you walk and/or take water bus (vaporetto) to your hotel. The Ali Laguna ferry (15 euros) will drop you off in the historic city then you can again use a combination of vapretto and walking.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,567 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

If you caught the alilaguna you would not need a Vaporetto, as the Guglie stop is about as near as you could get,

If you caught a Bus €6 to Piazzzale Roma you could then catch a Vaporetto to Tre Archi sjightly closer,

A Water Taxi would cost at least €110,

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

Thanks for the help just one question whats the quickest way the alilaguna or bus to piazzzale roma and a vaporetto??

thanks

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,810 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

With the time to switch between the bus to vaporetto it is probably about even.

The vaporetto could get you to the Tre Archi stop which is slightly closer to the hotel than the Guglie stop, but in either case it is a flat walk with a relatively short distance.

USA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

According to the motoscafi website, the water taxi is 100 euros with advance reservation. It's 110 euros at night or if there are more than 5 passengers. There don't seem to be any additional or hidden charges as far as I can determine.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,567 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

Water Taxis are now €110 they have been for quite a while,

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,810 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

…venezia.it/flex/…3D19521 has the official city council approved maximum rates for standard fares, which established about a year ago or so the €110 standard fare from the airport to the historical center, as well as surcharges from the 5th passenger (not "more than 5 passengers" as listed above). The standard night fare would be €120, plus an extra €5 to be dropped off outside a standard water taxi stand.

Going to the Cannaregio Canal it is possible they would charge less, as it is a shorter run than going to someplace off Accademia, for example.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,420 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

I believe it is a set rate for any city centre hotel . Then there rae the variations Lido , etc etc

USA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to Carnival Palace Hotel from VCE airport

I guess the motoscafi people need to update their website. I wonder if a customer can hold them to the prices they show on their website? Or maybe they are charging a little bit less than allowed to boost business.

Edited: 9:31 am, November 06, 2012