We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
915 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report

Dear Fellow travelers:

Here is a short selection of outstanding pics I took this summer. The shots are outstanding not because of me; I found Venice to be one of the easiest places to photograph on the planet!

www.youtube.com/watch…

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

Great pics, thanks! Where is the maze? Would be great to visit, is it open to the public do you know?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

I know exactly what you mean. Here is a set of photos I took there, over a couple of trips: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjy9aJqz

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
915 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report

San Giorgio Maggiore, taken from the campanile. Thanks for the compliments. I really owe a lot to this forum.

Edited: 3:15 pm, October 29, 2012
Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
915 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report

Thanks for sharing your great pics, Michael. Isn't Venice the most absurdly amazing place on this planet? I can't stop thinking about it...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report

It is, indeed. That's why we're going back next May for our fourth visit.

UK
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report

Re the maze:

The Cini Foundation: the Borges Labyrinth, inaugurated 14 June 2011, to mark the 25th anniversary of the death of Argentinian writer Jorge Luis Borges [Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo (1899-1986)]. It is a reconstruction of the maze that Gilbert Randoll Coate (1909-2005) designed in the writer’s honour. The word 'BORGES' can be seen in mirror-writing on the far side of the maze. The word 'BORGES' is upside down on the near side. 'Labyrinths' was the title of an anthology of Borges' writing.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
915 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report

The Giorgio Cini Foundation, which is located in the former San Giorgio monastery... Thanks for the clarification.

8. Re: Trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 19, 2013