We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Day Trips from Venice

NYC
Level Contributor
113 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
December Day Trips from Venice

We will be in Venice for 10 days around Christmas to New Year. Which day trips do people recommend most? We're considering Padova, Verona, Vicenza, Ravenna, Bologna, Trieste - but obviously we can't do all of that! We won't have a car so are interested in things we can do by train, but I understand many of the sites in Vicenza and perhaps elsewhere are closed in December. Also - is it practical to visit two or more towns (e.g. Padova, Verona and/or Vicenza) in one day?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,452 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December Day Trips from Venice

Trains to your destinations www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html Check train times over the next seven days.

www.italia.it/en.home.html

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December Day Trips from Venice

It is possible to visit more than one place in a day, but it would not do justice to any of those places. I find that when you have to change trains then time does get eaten up in the change overs with time wasted standing around at the train stations. Sadly I do this on a daily basis when commuting to work. So I think it is preferable to only visit one of those places on a day trip. From Venice the best day trips in terms of travel time would be Padova, and Vicenza. Each of them deserves a full day in my opinion. Ravenna is great but requires a change of trains at Bologna, so it should probably be your lowest priority.

3. Re: December Day Trips from Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 29, 2013