We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murano beads shop

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
southern Germany
Level Contributor
976 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Murano beads shop

Hallo to all,

all informations I could find on the forum are from some years ago.

Can anybody help me with up to date informations about shops?

Thanks so much.

Q.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,464 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Murano beads shop

I have never bought Murano beads but my grandaughter bought some from the glass shop in Campo San Vio in Dorsoduro.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
976 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Murano beads shop

Thanks Robert,

any further ideas?

Ciao,

Q.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,464 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Murano beads shop

As I jhave n ever bought glass beads anywhere, not even in Murano I have to rely on my granddaughter. But for second hand information I see that Michela Scibilia's book "Venice Botteghe" (which may be a little out of date) recommends Zaggia, Calle de la Toletta, Dorsoduro

Paropa misa,Frezzeria, San Marco,

Fabris, Campo San Maurizio,San Marco,

Costantini as above,

Al Campanil, Calle L<un ga Santa, C astello,

Manu, Calle del Salvadego,

La Perilna, Fondamentga del Frati, San Polo,

Perle e Dintori, Calle delle M andola, San Marco,

Perle Veneziano, Ponte de Canonica, C astello

Interestingly she does not list anywhere in Muurano, but plenty to choose from in this list.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Murano beads shop

Hmmm. Interesting. Can you be sure that beads you buy in Murano are actually made in Murano? I have always bought Venetian glass from a little shop in the Jewish Ghetto.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,464 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Murano beads shop

You cannot be certain anything made of glass you buy anywhere in Venice or the islands is made in Murano unless it has the Murano sticker on it. There is a lot of imported glass around. I have seen lighters moored in the canals of Murano laden with Chinese made glass.

NY/NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Murano beads shop

We bought beads when in Venice. Venice-style or Murano-style beads definitely means not Murano made.

The Murano beads had Murano engraved on the metal portion. On the whole, places were very forthcoming about which was Murano and which was made in China. Except for this one store (I forget the name) where he had mixed the Murano beads with the ones made in China and was claiming that all of them were Murano beads. Having had shopped those beads before, we knew the difference and high-tailed it out of there.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
976 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Murano beads shop

Thanks a lot to all your input.

We will go to Perle e Dintorni as it is central and seems to be easy to find from San Marco.

Q.

rome
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Murano beads shop

Also when you go rome you can visit Bead Shop Rome in via Sora 30/31 in the center of old city .2 blocks from piazza Navona. Or off from Governo Vecchio Str.

rome
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Murano beads shop

Also when you go rome you can visit Bead Shop Rome in via Sora 30/31 in the center of old city .2 blocks from piazza Navona. Or off from Governo Vecchio Str.

You can viste the 2 sites also .....

Edited: 4:01 am, August 06, 2013
10. Re: Murano beads shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 08, 2014