We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alilaguna plus vaporetto

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
117 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Alilaguna plus vaporetto

My sister and I are staying in an apartment in the Castello, near the Celestia vaporetto stop. On the morning of our departure, we need to go from Celestia to either Fondamente Novo or Orto in order to get the Alilaguna to the airport. My question is - do we need to pay a full fair for the vaporetto plus the fare for the Alilaguna? I'm trying to figure out whether we should get a 48 or 72 hour vaporetto pass.

On the same topic, is there any advantage to either the Alilaguna line that leaves from Fond. Novo or Orto?

Thanks.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alilaguna plus vaporetto

Celestia is only two vaporetto stops from Fondamente Nove, but yes, you have to pay a separate fare from the one on the Alilaguna ferry.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,687 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alilaguna plus vaporetto

Alilaguna and the ACTV vaporetti are separate companies so separate fares.The Celestia stop is a walk of about 700 metres from Fondamenta Nove so if your luggage is not heany it would be ;possible to walk there.

Orto is another stop past Fondamenta Nove on the No 5.1 water bus. Beware the No.4.1 detours out to Murano before it reaches Orto landing stage so takes much longer.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,086 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alilaguna plus vaporetto

Orto really is not good from Fond Nuove you have the Sacca de la Misercordia is between,

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,727 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alilaguna plus vaporetto

The walk from Celestia to F.te Nove is generally a bit windy and on the cool side, depending on the weather (but I assume this is sometime this fall rather than next summer...) and I would hesitate to do it even without luggage. Any thought of an additional walk to the Madonna dell'Orto stop even much less so.

It depends on the time of day as to whether, or how well, the Orange (from Orto) or Blue (from F.te Nove) will match up with your possible vaporetti from Celestia. The only possible advantage between the two lines I would think to be the connection time.

5. Re: Alilaguna plus vaporetto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, December 14, 2013