We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iPhone internet access via 3G?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
581 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
iPhone internet access via 3G?

I'll be traveling in Italy next month (Venice, Lucca, Cinque Terre).

I need to pay my phone carrier extra if I want 3G service while I'm traveling abroad in Europe. I'm just wondering, will the service work similarly to my coverage in the US, in terms of speed, site access, etc.? Is it easy to find free wifi at cafes, etc.?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iPhone internet access via 3G?

In Venice 3g works ok but don't try to use it walking around as unless you are fixed with one carrire it moves to the strongest carrier wherever you are. Some places have free wifi but not a huge amount in Venice.

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: iPhone internet access via 3G?

I have the same question.

I'll be traveling in Italy next month ( Rome, Tuscany, Venice, Bolzano, Bormio, Milan)

My question is:

1-What the best quality service / price.

TIM or Vodaphone ?

2- Another carrier ?

Thank's

Guilherme

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iPhone internet access via 3G?

In Venice they both offer about the same coverage , can't help for the other areas sorry.....

4. Re: iPhone internet access via 3G?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 05, 2013