We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

people mover in venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
people mover in venice

Hi I have tried Googling maps and the People Mover in Venice. I am not sure where it starts and where it goes to. Would the People Mover be viable from St. Lucia station to the Cruise Terminal in Venice.

Other suggestions have been that it is too far to walk from St Lucia and to get off at Mestre and get a land taxi to the Cruise ship.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: people mover in venice

The People Mover is a monorail that runs from Piazzale Roma to Tronchetto with a stop at the dock gates. Depending on where your ship is docked, it could be a walk of a kilometre from the dock gates to your ship.

To get from Santa Lucia station to Piazzale Roma, you have to walk over a large and awkward bridge which is no fun with luggage.

If you are arriving by train and want to go straight to your ship, you do best to get off the train at Mestre and take a land taxi from there.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: people mover in venice

Chris - the advice that Sphie gave you in your previous posting was the best there is - get off at Mestre and take a land taxi to the cruise ship.

If your father can't walk very far or over hilly / rough ground, then there is no better solution as it will involve steps and bridges and possibly a long walk at either end.

Phil-the-Bus

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,004 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: people mover in venice

This plan will give you an idea of where the People mover stop is in relation to your ships berth,

http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: people mover in venice

Does anyone know the walking distance/ and or, walking time from the People Mover to Terminal 117, Royal Caribbean International berths?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,011 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: people mover in venice

If you click on Sophies link above it gives you the exact postion of the ships berths , the people mover is at the entrance to the port near the road . 117 I think is the big one opposite Tronchetto often used for the 'big' ships if they let you off near the front of the ship then its not that far.....if they let you off the far end then you have to walk the full length of the ship as well!!!!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
687 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: people mover in venice

We will be staying in Venice pre-cruise at a hotel right around the Piazza Roma. I understand that this is close to the people mover, which we plan on using to get to the ship when we board. We will have our luggage with us for a 12-night cruise. Going through Venice with a lot of luggage is not always fun - I'm curious to about how far the entrance to the people mover is from the Piazza?

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,004 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: people mover in venice

The entrance for the People Mover is actually on the Piazzale Roma, right in the corner by the enterance to the Multi storey Garage,

Edited: 11:20 am, December 30, 2012
Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
687 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: people mover in venice

Perfect. I don't mind walking at all, I was just hoping that there weren't too many steps to climb to get to it since we will have all our cruise luggage.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,011 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: people mover in venice

There is a lift and a moving stairway.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: people mover in venice

But bear in mind that the People Mover takes you to the dock gates. Depending on where your ship is moored, it could be a kilometre from the gates.