We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Italy

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga Springs, NY
6 posts
Save Topic
Going to Italy

I will be traveling with my wife to Italy in July 2005. Originally, I was looking into Venice only, however I would like to know if there are other cities I should consider. Keep in mind I plan on not having a car and will do most of our travels on foot. We are looking for close proximity for shopping, museums, etc. I am looking at Bed and Breakfasts to stay at.

11. Re: Going to Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:46 pm, December 03, 2004
Westland, MI
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Going to Italy

I agree with the post left by nywhiz. The city of Varenna has left an indelible mark on me. Located 60 minutes north of Milan by train and on the banks of Lake Como, Varenna is a dream. It's a perfect little italian village. It's very small but if you need a few days to relax and adopt the italian way of life this is the town to do it in. This city has nice little shops and restaurants along with a ferry service which can take to many other cities that are nestled along Lake Como for about $2. A few of these are the cities of Como and Bellagio. Me and my friends stayed at the Villa Cipressi and were very impressed by European standards especially for the size of the rooms. My room had a queen and a twin bed along with a balcony overlooking the lake. Not all 2nd floor rooms have a balcony but I would recommend asking for one. This villa and city for that matter has a very romantic feel about it that you cannot avoid.

Again if you'd like a few days unwind or to walk and boat around Lake Como and it's surrounding cities, this city will stay in your heart forever. Have a good trip.