We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are Venice cards worth it

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
are Venice cards worth it

I will be visiting for 2 1/2 days, staying in Dorsoduro. The only museum I know I will visit will be St. Marks and Doges palace. Is the Venice Card a good value for me? Also, does a vaporatto pass card include routes to Murano and Burano?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,575 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are Venice cards worth it

The ACTV vaporetto 24 hour passes (12 euros0 or 72 hour passes (25 euros) cover all ferries in the lagoon (excepting Alilaguna to marco Polo) including all those to Murano, Burano and Torcello.

I have never purchased a Venice Card - admittedly that is because I can get reduced price entry to some Museums without it. I rely on the ACTV 72 hour pass which I buy every time I go to Venice - generally 2 if I am going for a week or more.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are Venice cards worth it

Where can you get the ACTV vaporetto passes? Seems cheaper than getting a Venice Card -Blue. I know the Venice Card-Blue also includes public toilets, but if they're just 1 euro to use, I doubt we'd need them more than once if we are going in museums and churches where there are already bathrooms (I am assuming!)

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,575 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are Venice cards worth it

The ACTV vaporetto 24 and 72 hour tickets are on sale at every ticket office on all the vaporettto landing stages. These are valid for all vaporetto lines all over the lagoon, and for all ACTV land buses on the Lido and the mainland. They are valid from when first stamped, not when bought unless you have it stamped when you buy it. If you do not stamp it on purchase then when you do wish to use it just hand it in for stamping at the ticket office.

As I have never paid for use of the public toilets ever I do not regard the Venice Blue card as attractive. Bars, cafes and restaurants all have toilets for the use of clients free of charge.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are Venice cards worth it

Robert - thanks! I agree with you on the Blue Card. It doesn't seem worth the cost. We are only going to be in Venice two full days (3 nights), so we will be planning carefully.

Lexington
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are Venice cards worth it

Thanks. especially Robert. The ACTV pass seems the way to go.