We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-catering apartments

Bristol
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Self-catering apartments

Doe anyone have any experience of (and in particular any poor experience of) www.apartmentinvenice.it (the site's headed "Faville") or www.venietiam.com (The Red House Company)? I'm thinking of renting from one of them and it would be good to know that they are both sound.

Thanks

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,773 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Self-catering apartments

This is the week of the traditional midsummer holiday in Italy (Ferragosto), so many offices are either closed for holiday or on minimal schedules/ limited staffing, so that could easily be a cause for non-responsiveness in this period.

texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Self-catering apartments

Where did you stay in venice? We need accommodations for five.

shp
Wokingham, England
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Self-catering apartments

There is a "sticky" at the top of the forum for apartment reviews which you may find useful

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187870-i57-k550…

Santa Monica...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
44. Re: Self-catering apartments

Never rent with Faville Tours - here is a blog review http://favilletours.wordpress.com

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,073 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Self-catering apartments

Venice Red House, on the other hand, is very good. Www.venietiam.com. We had an apartment that sleeps five ( one double bedroom, one double bed upstairs in a loft area, and one person on a pull-out sofa in the living room. The apartment is nearly new ( 2010), very modern in decor, everything works, and it is squeaky clean. It is a five minute walk to Rialto and maybe eight to San Marco.

They have lots more on the website. The photos and description of this one were completely accurate, so I would expect the others to be as well.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Self-catering apartments

I booked and stayed 4 nights in an apartment in Castello, Venice earlier this year through Faville and would never use them again. Although everything worked out, the apartment was well located and quite ok, I didn't like their way of conducting business. To cap it off, on our arrival I was asked to pay the balance which was more than I owed - but no money, no key, so I felt it a waste of time trying to get a refund!

NSW< Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Self-catering apartments

Has anybody have anything to say about the red house company?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Self-catering apartments

Sorry it hs been 2 years since I used Faville and then i was fine. Companies change so I would rather not. recommend. I stayed at a beautiful little B and B just off St Marks last month and can highly recommend Loconda Orseolo

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,343 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Self-catering apartments

Post 45 is about Red House, I have heard decent comments in the past,

Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Self-catering apartments

I just rented from them. How did it go for you?