We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

How do we get from Marco Polo airport to Piazza Roma on April 1 if there is a strike ? Water Taxi is too expensive. What other options do we have?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,235 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

The Alilaguna ferries should be running,

www.alilaguna.it

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
72 reviews
2. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

ATVO bus from the airport will run

surrey
Level Contributor
740 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

Looks like the ATVO bus will only be guaranteed to run between 06:00 - 09:00 and 19:30 - 21:30on the 31st - not sure what's happening at other times -

www.atvo.it/index.php…

The only other alternative will be land taxis - I think someone said that they were between 30 - 40 Euros.

Edited: 3:11 pm, March 30, 2011
Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

Thanks for your help; we have booked Alilaguna for tomorrow and will have to walk a lot further but at least we will get there :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,235 posts
89 reviews
5. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

If you take the Arancio Alilaguna it will be nearer, Where exactly do you want to go,?

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

We want to go to Rio Tera San Toma by the Frari. Which stop do you think would be the best for walking with luggage, Guglie or Riolto or does Alilaguna now stop at S. Stae ?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,235 posts
89 reviews
7. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

I think you really would of been best to get the Bus to Piazzale Roma, it is quite a walk , we have done it as we often stay in the San Toma area, but whatever way do get a good map, I really feel for you, if tje Alilaguna does stop at S.Stae would cut out the big Bridges, another idea if you have bought the Alilaguna is to go to S.Angelo where the Arancio terminates, and get a Traghetto across the Grand Canal to San Toma, not so daunting as it sounds,

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

The bus was our original plan,but even atvo is not running as we arrive at 10:30am. So good walking shoes and a good map which we have will have to do. Thanks for your help!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,235 posts
89 reviews
9. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

You have booked Alilaguna tickets, my suggestion would be easier I feel, the Traghetto only cost €0.50.

10. Re: Nat.Strike March 31 & April1 ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, October 25, 2012