We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

venice pass

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
venice pass

If I start to use a 7 days transport pass on ...Thursday at 4PM , is it good to next thurday at 4 pM ?

Thanks for your help

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: venice pass

The pass should be printed with the expiration date, or it will appear (briefly) when you pass it near one of the validation machines. It should actually be good until 3:59pm on the next Thursday, so you had it basically right.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,162 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: venice pass

If you buy a discounted pass through www.veniceconnected.com the time starts from when you collect the ticket, not from when you first use it.

montreal
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: venice pass

Thankks to all for your answers .

I know that the card starts when I collect it , not in 1st use.

The point is I don't need a 7 day pass as i walk a lot , just use it to go to the islands , may be 2 times and of course to get to Venice from ttrain station and back 7 days later. That is the reason of my question if it is really valid until 24h X 7 later or just in 7 calendar day meaning it is finished on Wednesday at midnight as in my example ?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: venice pass

Why don't you get a pass for just some of the time, either at the begining or end of your time in Venice, if you have you have to pay on arrival or departure still cheaper than getting s pass for a week,

montreal
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: venice pass

If the pass is good until my departure , the 7 day pass gives me more flexibility in term of the day of visit to Murano and Burano. Otherwise if I buy 3day pass at arrival or at the end , i will have to go to the Islands on the days ot the pass only.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: venice pass

Yes would would but to be honest you can't have it all way's either pay for a 7 day pass or do things like the Islands on the 2/3 days you have a pass

montreal
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: venice pass

sorry but i don,t understand . Do you mean that the 7 day pass does not cover the last day of my departure ? To be more precise , I will arrive on Thursday by 4PM , and leave next thursday by 9AM.

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: venice pass

Yes it would , I was meaning it you do not think you need a 7 day pass, get one for 3 days, do all the Vaporetto trips you plan then, and pay for the last day, it would be more economical , than a 7 day pass if you feel you do not need it,

montreal
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: venice pass

I was thinking of spending most of the time in Venice except Murano and Burano but you may have better idea how to spend my 7 days . Is there anything nearby which is a must and which needs transport

I'll have to tell you that after Venice we will go to veronna for 1 day ( over night in veronna ) and back to venice to embark a cruise ship !.

Thanks again

montreal
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: venice pass

one more question: how to go from santa lucia train to cruise port ?

And train to veronna departs and arrives at santa Lucia ?