We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

Decided to take advantage of Ryanair's rediculously low air fares at the moment even if they dump you away from the closest airport and am travelling to Treviso in a few weeks time. Can anyone recommend how best to get from Treviso to Venice? I am travelling with my wife and am looking for fastest way there without getting ripped off or lost. Does anyone have any experience on journey times and costs of bus/train/taxi?

NJ
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

Ryanair runs a bus service from Treviso airport directly to Venice. They coordinate the times of the bus service to the flight arrival and departure times. You can buy the bus tickets in the airport and board right outside. It is a very small airport and many other passengers will probably be taking the bus, so just follow the crowds. The bus will take you to Piazzole Roma and then you can take a water bus, water taxi, or walk to your hotel, depending on your location and your budget. As far as I know, this is the only way to go. Treviso is not all that close to Venice and a taxi would most likely be very exspensive.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,415 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

I agree that the ATVO bus which runs from Treviso Sant'Angelo airport to Piazzale Roma in Venice is the most convenient way of getting to Venice.

However, if you miss it, or it is full, or whatever, all is not lost. ACTT run the service bus No.6 from the airport to Treviso railway station. The journey takes about 20 minutes, and runs at half hourly intervals.

From Treviso to Venice Santa Lucia station is around 25 minutes. Check the frequent train times on ww.trenitalia.it.

This is not as convenient as the ATVO bus but it will get you to Venice.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
407 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

Yep, we went with Ryan Air too and took the bus! - nice and easy! - they wait outside the terminal to coincide with arrival times and takes you right to the Piazzale.

We decided to find a hotel within walking distance from the Piazzale and stayed at the Hotel Principe - right on the canal! We had a suite - sorry can't remember which room number but it was lovely!

Have fun - its a great place!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

Be careful going back and remember this is not England with nice orderly queues. Be prepared to push and shove if you must get a particular bus.

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

The Ryanair bus is the most feasible way to get to Treviso but be prepared for a shoving match to get on to it on the trip back to the airport. A lot of people have had bad experiences of this. The tickets are sold in a seperate office and its a free for all to get bags and yourself onto the bus before it gets full. The driver doesnt seem to care less. My wife was geting jostled severely when trying to get on whilst carrying our 1 year old son. The only people concerned about this were a few other mums. If I had known it would have been like this I think I would tried and arranged other transport to the Treviso

Northampton
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

Hello!

I'm also going to Venice soon and flying to Treviso. My flight doesn't land until 2235 - do the Ryanair buses still run at night as well?

Morganton, Georgia
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

We flew into Treviso with Ryan air last summer. We wanted to get away from the airport and get our vacation started quickly so we took a taxi from Treviso to Marco Polo airport. It was a 20 minute ride and cost 55 Euros. We thought it was well worth the money and did the same thing to catch our return flight.

Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to travel into Venice from Treviso airport?

Hi,

Am travelling from Mestre to Treviso Airport on Nov.

Just want to check does the ATVO bus from venice make a stop at Mestre rail station while on the way to Treviso airport ?

Can the ticket be purchased from the Mestre station and what are the chances of getting on this bus since there would be lot of passengers that had boarded the bus from Venice island ?

Please kindly advise.

Thank you very much.

SP