We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Cards

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
1 post
Save Topic
Travel Cards

I am going to venice in a weeks time for 3 nights. I am planning to purchase a Rolling card along with a 3 day young persons travel card.

It says on the ACTV website that this is valid for 72 hours from the day and time of stamping. Does this mean 72 hours from the time you buy it or from the 1st time you use it by travelling on a water bus? I am wondering this because we will be buying it when we arrive but will not be using the water buses on the 1st day, therefore it will be a waste of money if it is valid from the time I buy it.

Is it also possible to buy the Rolling card and the young persons travel card at the Marco Polo airport?

Thanks!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,506 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Cards

It is valid from when it is stamped. The ticket office at any landing stage will stamp it when you require to use it. They normally ask "Do you want to use it straight away?" in my experience and stamp it if you say yes, and leave it for you to get it stamped later when you travel if your say NO.

CYPRUS
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Cards

Hi. I bought rolling Venice card outside the train station on the left as you face the canal and also a vaporetto pass for 72 hours- very good value both. The vaporetto card was stamped automatically I think, nobody asked me if I didn't want it stamped. You can ask before you buy.