We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello. I live in Venezia

Venezia
11 posts
Save Topic
Hello. I live in Venezia

I am french and i came to live in the city of my dreams some years ago! My home is 10 minutes from Piazza San Marco. I would be pleased to help the curious travelors to enjoy Venezia!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,341 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

Welcome the more the merrier,

Venezia
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

thank you Sophie!

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

Hi,I am going to venice in february. I will be there during carneval, are there any events you suggest i go to when i am there.

Thanks

Venezia
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

Hello.

during carnival the whole city of Venice becomes a theater where people have fun.. There are several public events like concerts and art plays in the streets, free for all. Some parties take place in the palaces but they are VERY expensive.

Here you will find the complete program:

…venezia.it/folder_sensation_2009.pdf

ciao!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

Hi Guillaumevene, My wife and I are planning a trip to Venice for the first week in May. The choices of accommodations are overwhelming and my requirements are high. Ideally a room with a view of a canal, close to San Marco, with as full a bathroom as possible, room and hotel decorated elegantly, impeccable service from staff and quiet at night. All for about 350 euros/night.

Cheers,

Carl

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,341 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

This is h8gh season pricewise in Venice for Hotel's

the big Grand Hotels o9n the Grand Canl in San Marco are usually above that budget,

But there are some top class Hotels away from there you should consider,

Have a look at Venice by site, it sorts the Hotels into areas and Star ratings

www.veniceby.com

TAMPA FL
Level Contributor
78 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

Hello Guillaumevene,

I will be arriving at the Marittima Terminal and need to get to a hotel near the Marco Polo Airport. Any suggestions for something not quite as expensive as a water taxi?

Thanks!

Wendywee

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,341 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

You can get the Cruise shuttle to Piazzale Roma,(check with your Cruise Company) or a Land Taxi the short distance, from Piazzale Roma there are Buses to Marco Polo Airport, The ATVO Bus is non-stop cost €3.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,363 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

From Piazzale Roma you can take a bus to the airport . The ACTV No5 is a stopping service to MarcoPOlo - which hotel are you staying at ?.

A water taxi will take you to Marco Polo and from there you would need to get to your hotel. ( most airport hotels have a shuttle service).

A Land taxi can take you from the termila to the hotel - a ride will cost approx Eu25 - 30.

Your cruise ship might offer a shuttle to Piazzale Roma but I have heard that many lines are dropping them- I would check with the cruise company. Other wise Pizazale Roma is a short taxi ride approxEu5-10.

TAMPA FL
Level Contributor
78 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hello. I live in Venezia

Hi Rosa503,

Thanks for the swift reply!

We're staying at the Courtyard. They do have a shuttle to the airport.

You said that a land taxi from the terminal to the hotel would run about 25-30 EUR. Is that the cruise terminal -- or the airport terminal?

If that is the price from the airport to the hotel, any idea what it would be from the cruise terminal to an airport hotel??

Thanks,

Wendywee