We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Warzburg to Venice?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Topic
Distance from Warzburg to Venice?

I am visiting family in Germany, and will be travelling from Warzburg to Venice. I am wondering how long it will take to travel from one place to the next (eg: 6 hrs?). And, would it make sense to visit Switzerland as well? Again, I have never left the country, and am not sure.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Warzburg to Venice?

Cheergirl, I honestly haven't got a clue (haven't the faintest idea where Warzburg is), but www.viamichelin.com will tell you!

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Warzburg to Venice?

Never heard of "Warzburg", also map24.com doesn't know it. Maybe you think of "Wuerzburg" in Bavaria?

If you want to go by train, have a look at www.bahn.de --> Internat. Guests. It's about 10 hours train ride and you have to change at Munich. For car directions, have a look at www.map24.de

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,502 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Warzburg to Venice?

Wúrzburg? If so it lies between Nurnburg and Frankfurt am Main so quite a lengthy journey. Might well be a lot quicker to fly from Franfurt.

Visiting Switzerland depends on how much time you have available. Venice is not a place you can appreciate in 24 hours - you should allocate 3/4 days, if you can, to explore Venice and the northern islands (Murano, Burano and Torchello) in the lagoon. This is a bare minimum - to really get to know one of the greatest cities in the world for history, architecture and art would take many weeks, if not months!!