We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tranfers from marco polo airport to treviso airport

sydney Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
tranfers from marco polo airport to treviso airport

I am flying from Australia to Marco Polo airport but my friends are flying from Europe to Terviso airport about 5 hours after me. I would like to meet them at Treviso airport as we have a car waiting there for our trip. Can anyone please suggest what is the best way to travel between the two and approx. duration.

Thanks!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,657 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tranfers from marco polo airport to treviso airport

"The best way to travel between the two and approx. duration". Honest answer is I do not know but suspect it is not easy as I am not aware of any transfers between the two airports.

It would be a great deal easier if you picked a car up at Marco Polo and drove to Treviso to pick your friends up. Where are you heading afterwards?

If you are staying a day or two in Venice then you could go into Venice to your Hotel and they could drive from Treviso to Piazzale Roma in Venice and park the car in one of the large car parks around the Piazzale.

You could take the bus from Marco Polo in to Piazzale Roma and then take the Treviso airport bus from Piazzale Roma to Treviso airport. or get off ther bus in Mestre and catch the bus to Treviso in Mestre or catch the Mestre - Treviso train and then the bus from Treviso station to the airport.

Whichever way it seems a messy business, I just hope some other viewer has some brighter ideas.

Morganton, Georgia
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tranfers from marco polo airport to treviso airport

I don't know if this is necessarily the best way, but we took a taxi from Treviso to Marco Polo airport. I believe it cost 50 euros and took about 20 minutes.

sydney Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tranfers from marco polo airport to treviso airport

Thanks, it does sound a bit messy. We are actually planning on driving to Croatia from Venice that day and since i arrive before anyone else it seemed like a good idea to meet on one place but i dont know how i would feel having to change buses etc with all my lugage. A taxi seems to be a better option but i wasnt sure if that would get too expensive.