We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation

Sydney
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation

Hi,

My husband and I are planning to go to Italy in October and will be staying in Venice for 2 nights. We have no ideas of which hotel to stay in Venice. Can someone please recommend? Our budget is 100-150 eur per night.

Many thanks.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,710 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Is your budget 100 - 150 euros for the pair of you or each? I ask because Venice is far from being a cheap place for accommodation.

I normally use either the Accademia (www.pensioneaccademia.it) or the American (www.hotelamerican.com) but you will be fortunate if they fall within your budget. Both lie in Dorsoduro sestiere which my wife and I favour though many visitors seem to like to be a little closer to the San Marco area.

I have in the past used the Do Pozzi (www.hoteldopozzi.it) which is owned by the same family as the Academia abd is in San Marco sestiere.

A cheaper place with a fine location on Fondamenta delle Zattere is La Calcina (www.lacalcina.com).

I would always see what the Tripadvisor user reports have to say about any hotel in order to get some ideas about it.

UK
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Hi.... We have just returned from a 3 day trip to Venice staying in Locanda Sant'Agostin, it cost us 360 Euros for the 3 nights and it is a lovely hotel with very friendly owners. Being annual visitors to Venice we like to stay a little off the tourist areas...this is still only minutes away from the Rialto but has a more 'local' feel to it. Have a great trip!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation

We stayed at the Best Western Monte Carlo...just 2 streets from St. Marks which is wonderful at night with all the music playing.