We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of this hotel

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Beware of this hotel

This hotel is not as it advertises on its website. First of all, they say their staff will pick you up at the Mirano train station. There is no staff, so we had to to pay a taxi 30 euros to get us. Then the lady at the desk told us that the bus stop was a "10 minute walk". We finally reached it after walking 45 minutes. Then they advertise that they are a "few km from Venice." They are at least 25 km and a long hour bus ride. When we returned at midnight there wasn't any one to pick us up at the bus stop and we had to get the same taxi driver out our bed to come get us as we could not walk the 45 minute walk with 2 sleepy children. We cancelled our second night because of this, but they still charged us their internet commission fee, stating that they didn't write the site. (By the way... we moved to the Best Western right across from the Venice train station. It is a little more money but so worth it. Wonderful hotel, no hour long bus ride, very nice staff, and it includes the best breakfast we had in our 2 weeks in Europe.)

Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of this hotel

The name of the hotel is the Eurhotel in Mirano, Italy.

Orlando
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of this hotel

I also recommend the Locanda Orseolo in Venice. Steps away from San Marco Plaza and good price for location. read reviews. I highly recommend it.

lancashire
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of this hotel

We had a similar awful thing happen to us staying at the apartment Venezia residence in santa croce, we phoned the night before to check about the meeting place, we arrived in venice, phoned them but there was no answer, we waited where they had told us to, but no one came, we tried phoning until it got dark and we were worried sick.

we had to get an hotel, at extra cost, we had to phone home to get my husband to try and ring them, eventually at ten at night he got through to them, they were so blase about it. we cancelled immediately even though they wanted to know if we still wanted to stay.

they didn't however try to charge us, but it's totally inexcusable, they gave no excuse, it was a dreadful experience.

however, venice is magical and the most beautiful city in the world in my opinion, especially in winter, watch out for the mosquito's they are evil and take no prisoners.

so remember, avoid the venezia residence santa croce apartment. maybe others had a good experience, sadly we didn[t.