We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

treviso airport

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
treviso airport

what is the transport from treviso airport to venice island?, (train,bus)?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: treviso airport

Treviso Sant'Angelo airport is served by a bus service which brings you into Piazzale Roma on the edge of Venice which is as far as you can get with wheeled transport. Piazzzale Roma has its own landing stage on the Grand Canal and the vaporetto ferries will take you round the canals to somewehere close to your hotel.

Alternatively there is a bus which takes you to Treviso railway station and then you can take the 25 minutes train journey (roughly half hourly) into Venice Santa Lucia station which is on the banks of the Grand Canal and has a vaporetto landing stage - Ferrovia - immediately outside.

Mentioned in this post
Treviso
Treviso
Province of Treviso, Italy
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
28 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Hotel Santa Lucia
Hotel Santa Lucia
778 Reviews
Venice, Italy
UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: treviso airport

Do you know when the latest time transportation runs from Treviso to Venice, both the buses and the trains? If my flight doesn't arrive until 22:30 on a Friday, will I be able to catch the last one assuming it takes about half an hour or a bit more for landing and customs?

Also, by the time I get to Venice, will all the water buses stop operating already? in that case, how will I go to my hotel?

Thanks.

Flora

Mentioned in this post
Treviso
Treviso
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: treviso airport

I believe Ryanair make sure there is a bus available for all their flights into Treviso - check with Ryanair if you are travelling with them.

When you arrive at Piazzale Roma in Venice the vaporetto day-time service finishes shortly after mid-night and restarts around 5.00 a.m. However all is not lost as there is a night-time service - line N which is the same as line 82 down the Grand Canal as far as S. Zaccaria, then misses Arsenale landing stage but calls at Giardini before heading off to the Lido and back to S Zaccaria over to S. Giorgio Maggiore, calls at a couple of stops on Giudecca then across to Zattere, S. Basilio and round the docks back to Piazzale Roma. The service operates both clockwise and counterclockwise. Check vaporetto services with www.actv.it for last minute changes.

In extremis - you can always hire a private water taxi, even more expensive late at night than during the day-time.

Mentioned in this post
Treviso
Treviso
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
28 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Lido