We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice experts re rain in Venice

pms
Wernersville, Pa
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Topic
Venice experts re rain in Venice

We will be in Venice at the end of the month and the long range weather forecast is calling for rain most of the days we will be there. I know it might change between then and now. After all they can't get it right from one day to the next so ten days out is a real stretch. It is making me wonder if it tends to rain all day or just a shower here and there. When we were in Paris last fall it rained most days but only for a short time each day. The rest of the day was nice.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,243 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice experts re rain in Venice

I was recently in Venice long range forecast was rain, rain, we had wall to wall sunshine, dont think it can be cut and dried whether it will be showers or constant rain, you just have to see what happens

niagara falls.canada
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice experts re rain in Venice

I agree with Sophie8. The first time we went to Venice I dutifully checked the internet for longe range forecast. We were looking at a week of rain. In reality we had excellent weather except for a shower one day. When we go to Venice now I don't bother with reports. Have a great time.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,710 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice experts re rain in Venice

A 10 day forecast is likely to be pretty inaccurate so far ahead. Even 5 day forecasts are not 100% for the 4th and 5th days

End of October is cool - you will be fortunate to have warm enough weather to dine out of doors in the evening. Possible but unlikely.

Rain - October is the third wettest month of the year - November is the wettest - so rain always a possibility. Rain can very variable, it might be a heavy but short shower lasting only a few minutes; equally it could be a steady drizzle for most of the day.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice experts re rain in Venice

The day before we left for Italy, (October 4) the weather forecast was for rain 3 of our 6 days there. It was pouring rain when we landed in Venice, which stopped as soon as we reached the hotel and we had nothing but sun every day. It was cool in the morning and the evening (we needed jackets) and warm during the day.

Enjoy!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice experts re rain in Venice

I'm no expert on Venice, but our experience corroberated this observation, most waterfront cities around the world have rain often, but it rarely lasts very long....during our trip, we had a huge downpour one morning then after an hour of intolerable rain, the sun came out and it became a beautiful day.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice experts re rain in Venice

Actually weather forecasts are quite reliable. All you have to do is to figure out which one is right (each and every day) By the law of averages one will be right (perhaps).

Seriously it is a lot easier-and more accurate- to try to forecast weather over the large land masses of North America than in Europe.When itcomes to islands it is even more unreliable.

7. Re: Venice experts re rain in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 11, 2009