We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Venice to Dolomites

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
From Venice to Dolomites

Hi, my friend and I are planning a day trip to Dolomites during end October. Can't seem to find any information on Dolomites. Can anyone help? We are staying in Cannaregio area. How do we travel from venice city to Dolomites? and how long does it takes? Is there anywhere online where i can find the map for Dolomites? Thanks in advance!!

venice
Level Contributor
276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Venice to Dolomites

Here are some web sites on dolomites:

www.dolomitesholiday.com/default4.asp?L=3

www.altabadia.org/summer/default.asp?L=3

http://www.val-gardena.com/eng/page28.html

http://www.dolomiti.org/dengl/welcome.html

www.fassa.com/cms-01.00/articolo.asp…

Please write me for any information on Dolomites at: massatour@libero.it

I'll be happy to help you, as I'm very expert on the Dolomites.

Hope this helps.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,687 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Venice to Dolomites

There is a good train network in northern Italy so you can certainly get up to Belluno or Vittorio Veneto on the edge of the mountains quickly and cheaply. Check on www.trenitalia.it for train times

venice
Level Contributor
276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Venice to Dolomites

True, there is a good train network in northern Italy but if you want to see the Dolomites avoid to take the train.

The only train station closest to the Dolomites is Calalzo di Cadore, but the train in the mountaing goes very slow, so to reach that station from Venice you need almost 3 hours. From Calalzo to Cortina, the main city of the Dolomites you have to take a bus (1 hour journey).

Once you are in Cortina 4 hours are gone and you haven't yet started the Dolomites tour.....

I highly recommend to rent a car if you want to see something interesting.