We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrowing down hotels

San Diego...
Level Contributor
114 posts
41 reviews
Narrowing down hotels

Hi all!

I am a terrible final decision maker and usually consult with my husband for final details. However, our trip is for his birthday (Oct 7-10) and he wants to be "surprised" with everything we do. I have done some research and narrowed down to a few hotels.

We arrive in Venice VERY late - ie land at 11:15pm and then head to hotel. We are only in Venice for 2 days.

Our priorities are:

1. Location

2. Comfort of the bed (and queen or larger. I struggle to sleep to this is a must)

3. Clean and comfortable hotel

hotel al ponte dei sospiri

hotel dei dragomanni

hotel dona palace

Venice times hotel

hotel Saturnia

Splendid Venice Venezia

Hotel Papadopoli

Ideally we would like to spend $325 or less, however, if a hotel is "worth it" we can spend up to $450 a night.

Thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
114 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Narrowing down hotels

Or possibly between Hotel Saturnia, Una Hotel Venezia and Venice Hotel Time? Is it worth the $150+ extra per night to stay somewhere like Londra?

Thank you!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,402 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Narrowing down hotels

Venice Hotel Time is not in a very good location, close to the Train Station,

Burbage, United...
Level Contributor
533 posts
307 reviews
3. Re: Narrowing down hotels

I've just returned from a very enjoyable week in Venice. We stayed at the Antiche Figure (opposite the station on the Grand Canal, and a five minute walk from the Piazzale Roma bus station for taxi and bus from the airport). I see you are arriving late, so I think it's worth trying to find a hotel in the class of your choice near to easy transport links. Even though we arrived earlier we were glad of our hotel's access to transport links throughout our stay. Venice is easy to walk around, and the advantage of being away from the main tourist hotspots is the beauty of the little calles and canals,bars and restaurants. Booking.com has a great map feature to show the location of hotels.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Narrowing down hotels

You say your no 1 priority is 'location' - but what sort of location do you want?

Near the main 'attractions'? Close to transport hubs? Peaceful and out of the way?

Let us know and you'll get better advice.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
660 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: Narrowing down hotels

Three weeks ago a friend came to Venice and needing a last minute booking, opted for the Dragomanni. The location was perfect, a mere five minutes from San Marco but at the same time, as it is in a quiet calle, very tranquil. I have not stayed there but it was spoken of in glowing terms.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
114 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Narrowing down hotels

Thank you for all the advice. In terms of location, we would like to stay somewhere that we can easily enjoy the area nearby (shops, canals, restaurants) and somewhere we can walk to the major sites. I don't know if it is best to be very close to sites or to be able to do a long walk. Thoguts?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
114 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Narrowing down hotels

Just spoke to husband who confirmed that because we are only there a short time that he would like to be near major cites.... tips?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,402 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: Narrowing down hotels

Just remember Venice is not that big, easy to get around, and places of interest all over, just to confuse you more,

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
565 reviews
9. Re: Narrowing down hotels

Saturnia is very nice. Hotel Flora across the calle from Saturnia is also very nice. I would be happy in either. No, it is not worth it for me to pay extra 150 euro to crash, but this is not my holiday. Decision is ultimately yours and you need to make it pretty quickly. October is a busy time in Venice.

Caldwell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: Narrowing down hotels

We enjoyed the Hotel Al Codega.

Close to the sights, but away from the noise

And congestion.