We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restuarant for B'day meal

UK
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best restuarant for B'day meal

Hi all

I am travelling to Venice this weekend and want to bookj a very special romantic meal for my wife's 30th birthday. Having read through the forums here, i have come up with a short list of:

Antico Martini

Hotel Cipriani restauarant

Grizzi Hotel restaurant

I want to arrange a very special evening with a b'day cake perhaps.

Any advice and thoughts based upon past experiences will be greatfully received.

Many thanks

Kris

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,611 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restuarant for B'day meal

Very difficult to recommend a "best" restaurant as so much depends on your personal tastes.

Da Fiore at Calle del Scaleter, San Polo 2202 (www.dafiore.com) is the only restaurant in Venice with a Michelin star for what that is worth. I have never managed to eat there as always well booked up in advance.

The Gritti Palace, where my wife and I stayed for a week, certainly used to do a very fine meal in a restaurant alongside the Grand Canal with a great view across the canal to a floodlit Santa Maria Della Salute.

Others with a good reputation include

Le Bistrot de Venise, Calle dei Fabbri 4685 San Marco (www.bistrotdevenise.com)

Taverna La Fenice, Campo San Fantin 1939, San Marco (www.tavernalafenice.it)

UK
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restuarant for B'day meal

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate what you are saying with regards to the best.

I guess what I am looking for is great food, great atmosphere and great views if possible.

The Gritti Palace sounds nice with the views. I am looing to book for a Monday night which rules out the Da Fiore as they are closed on that evening.

Thanks