We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Venice Airport

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
49 reviews
Car Hire Venice Airport

Hi

We are landing at venice airport to travel to the Dolomites. I am looking at car hire, and a lot of them seem to say shuttle to car pick up. Does anyone know if this is a problem/how easy and quick this is? Is it easier to find one at the airport itself?

Thanks

Lizzy

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,934 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Car Hire Venice Airport

Speak to www.auto-europe.co.uk

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
7,169 posts
96 reviews
2. Re: Car Hire Venice Airport

Most of the car rental companies have offices and pick up at the airport, just a few minutes walk from the arrivals hall.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Car Hire Venice Airport

Thanks. I was thinking of hiring this one from expedia:

AutoClick Rental Company

73%

Pick-up Experience

(11 renters)

Economy

Opel Corsa | Peugeot 208 | Toyota Yaris or similar

Passengers 5 4 doors 4 Air Conditioning A/C

Fuel info: Full to full

Manual transmission Unlimited mileage

Free Cancellation Insurance included Collect 200 points Details

Pick-up

Shuttle to counter and car

As you can see it says shuttle to counter and car?

I have a feeling it may be here: Serviced by Autoclick, Via Orlanda 219 Venecia 30173. As also looked at one on https://www.vehicle-rent.com/ and that is where it says pick up for them with a shuttle.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
3,391 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Car Hire Venice Airport

All the major car rental agencies are in the airport. A few discount ones are a few minutes away by shuttle. We used Firefly and had to take their shuttle. I didn't like it, it takes longer to get the car and return it, and on the return trip, they had no one available to give us a ride back to airport for a long time.

venezia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
5. Re: Car Hire Venice Airport

Hi,

as we work in Venice as car rental but with driver, if you choose Auto Click you don't need to catch any shuttle, because now all the car rental companies are located at the roof floor of the Park1 and once landed, you just need to go to the upper floor at the departures and follow the signs to go to the water taxi or water bus jetties as well as to the car rentals, through a tunnel brand new.

After 3 min walk from the departure terminal you'll see the sign on the left that indicates you the way off to the car rentals... very easy...

Same on return if you plan to leave the car in Venice

Best,

Edited: 7:24 am, May 29, 2017
Miami, Florida
1 post
6. Re: Car Hire Venice Airport

Mostly of the time Autoclick dont honor your voucher if the price is low . They try to sold for higher price . Very uncorrect rent a car . Avoid if you can

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Car Hire Venice Airport

Don't go to AutoClick car rental, they are SCAM ARTISITS, cheats and are very rude!!. I booked my car to pick up from Faro airport in August 2017. These took booking deposit on AMEX but did not mention that they don't take AMEX at time of pick up, also, they did mentioned that they did not take cash. Only because i had to use a debit card, they forced me to buy their own excess insurance (17€/day) when cars cost only (8€/day).

The guy at pick up office said that you paid so much because you wanted the car! We don't force customers to pay!

When we returned the car, they did not give a proper deposit return receipt. When we complained about it, a short obese lady starts abusing and swearing us and said "oh because you are the custom, you are always right, f off". She also said things about my country and that she will not provide a shuttle to the airport.

5 posts
8. Re: Car Hire Venice Airport

Autoclick - Everything is very bad!

I took a car in Malpensa. Dali was not new and scratched. Before the surrender, I was tracked by the GPS tracker and in the parking lot at the shopping center scratches on the body were added. After the deposit, the entire deposit (1100 euros) was taken away. I think the car has not been repaired until now. Deceivers and grabbers.

Do not use their services!

9. Re: Car Hire Venice Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 07, 2018