We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padua/Vicenza/Verona in 2 days

North west of...
Level Contributor
150 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Padua/Vicenza/Verona in 2 days

We will be arriving at Marco Polo airport around tea time on tues 22nd October. We need to be back to the airport Thursday 24th October for a 9pm flight.

I'm just looking for some recommendations in how to best experience the area in such a short stay. We have stayed in Venice proper a few times and loved it very much but would like to sample other area's this visit. My husband travels to the area for business so is fairly familiar with area and has suggested visiting Verona/Vicenza and Padua, but I'm wondering if we'd be better sticking to one rather than cramming too much in?

If so where would you advise out of the 3?

We are considering hiring a car for the whole of our stay but as parking is often an issue in the cities would we be better using buses/trains due to lack of time?

No idea where to stay, again dependant on how much we decide to do but wondering if Padua would be the better option as it's the closest to the airport? Not against staying in two different hotels over the two nights in order to visit different area's. How do the 3 compare for accomodation, eating out, etc? Hubby has said Verona is more expensive but he would like to visit there?

So many questions, sorry but so much to consider as only visiting for 2 nights!!

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Vicenza
Vicenza
Province of Vicenza, Italy
Padua
Padua
Province of Padua, Italy
Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Padua/Vicenza/Verona in 2 days

Besides being close to the airport Padua has alot to see (have a look at the attractions listed in here), moreover its location is quite central inside the region therefore many opt for Padua as a base in order to explore surrounding areas.

Being a lively university town, Padua has many restaurants and bars open till late (this isn't the case in Vicenza for instance).

Of course also Verona and Vicenza are two nice towns, I thinks it's up to you (and hubby) to pick your favourite one.

Mentioned in this post
Padua
Padua
Province of Padua, Italy
Vicenza
Vicenza
Verona
Verona
North west of...
Level Contributor
150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Padua/Vicenza/Verona in 2 days

Thanks we have decided to stay the first night in Verona then visit Vicenza and stay in Padua on our second night to be closer to the airport, can't wait!!!

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Vicenza
Vicenza
Padua
Padua
Province of Padua, Italy
Utrecht, The...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Padua/Vicenza/Verona in 2 days

Hi, did you rent a car in the end? I'm visiting the same region and would like to learn from your experience. Would you advise us to rent a car or use public transport?

4. Re: Padua/Vicenza/Verona in 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 03, 2015