We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basilica of St, Antonio

Moscow, Russia
8 posts
Save Topic
Basilica of St, Antonio

I wonder, what is the destiny of the photographs, which people bring to San Antonio? I have seen several boxes, but what happen with the pictures, after they are removed from the board and from the boxes?

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Basilica of St, Antonio

Hi. Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question mut if you e-mail the following site, you may well receive the information you require:

infobasilica@sanantonio.org.

Inverness...
Level Contributor
17 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Basilica of St, Antonio

In general Padova is a good place to avoid. While the people are very friendly (like almost everywhere in Italy), the town itself is unwelcoming and unfriendly and difficult.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
NY
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Basilica of St, Antonio

"In general Padova is a good place to avoid. While the people are very friendly (like almost everywhere in Italy), the town itself is unwelcoming and unfriendly and difficult."

Too bad you had a poor experience - I personally found Padova to be a very good place to visit, and of course the only place to see the Giotto frescos in the chapel and a lot of other attractions too numerous to mention here. I think if someone is driving they might find the one way circulation streets confusing, but the public transport system is great. Had my best dinner in three trips in Padova. When the weather is good and the streets and piazzas are full of students it is great fun.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Hotel Giotto
Hotel Giotto
658 Reviews
Padua, Italy
Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Basilica of St, Antonio

@nonobanana: it's always a shame for me to hear someone had a poor experience in my hometown. Maybe you shall share some of your negative experiences here (i.e. transport difficulties, dirty areas, etc.) in order to help others travellers.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Basilica of St, Antonio

Did nonobanana visit the same Padua that I did? I can't believe he did. Padua is a very friendly city, easy to walk round with wonderful architecture, delightful churches and in Giotto's frescoes art to rival that of the great Michelangelo. If you are contemplating visiting Padua, ignore nonobanana's gripes. Go visit. You will not regret it.

Mentioned in this post
Padua
Padua
Province of Padua, Italy
Chicago
Level Contributor
228 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Basilica of St, Antonio

Sorry to pile on the negative reviewer, but I must agree with the others that Padua is a great place to visit. The Giotto frescoes alone are reason enough, but we also strolled through the University area, walked to the St. Anthony Basilica, had a drink in a cafe, etc. We actually chose Padua as a side-trip alternative to an additional day in overly crowded Venice, and we were not disappointed. Plus it's so easily accessible via public transit. What's not to like??

Mentioned in this post
Padua
Padua
Province of Padua, Italy
Hotel Giotto
Hotel Giotto
658 Reviews
Padua, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Commerce Township...
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Basilica of St, Antonio

Padua or Padova was my first choice over Venice any day! We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, a taxi took us from the termini to the Plaza for a small fee. We took the bus to St. Anthony and back to the termini. Then, trained to Vicenza the same day. Everyone was helpful. Padua was a great base for the area.

Mentioned in this post
Padua
Padua
Province of Padua, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Vicenza
Vicenza
Province of Vicenza, Italy
8. Re: Basilica of St, Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 16, 2014