We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pauda to Rome

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pauda to Rome

Please help me with train information.

We have to travel from Padua to Rome on Sunday Sept. 19, and we prefer direct train without connection. I checked two web sites. Raileurope.com sent me schedule of only trains with connection in Bologna, allowing only 11-19 minutes for transfer. It does not show choice of direct train.

The other web site, www.ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html, which was in this Forum in 8/2009 (and thanks to Perilizia), shows departure and arrival time, but it does not indicate if it is a direct train or needs connection.

Questions: Is there direct train service from Pauda to Rome on Sundays in September? Is it better to buy the ticket with seat reservation while in US? If we wait to buy train ticket in Padua, will there be risk of no seat in second class train?

Thanks in advance for any help

CS

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,002 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pauda to Rome

There are many direct trains. If a change is required, the Trenitalia site has a column headed "Change station". Also you can click the "Select" radio button at the right of a train's entry and then click "Details by selection" at lower right to get a complete schedule for that journey added to the bottom of the page. If you then click the "Info" radio button, more information is added showing all the stops. The train I selected stops at Bologna and Florence, but continues on to Rome.

Never trust RailEurope for train times. It is an agency that sells train passes and tickets, and its timetable information is often incomplete and inaccurate.

It is highly unlikely that you will be able to buy from the US at the Trenitalia price, as the Trenitalia web site is renowned for refusing to accept US credit cards. There is roughly one train each hour from Padova to Rome, and it is inconceivable that they will be sold out in September.

Edited: 11:29 pm, August 03, 2010
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pauda to Rome

Thank you very much for your help

CS

niagara
Level Contributor
444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pauda to Rome

I was also looking into going to Rome at that time and I found train tickets on the trenitalia.it site. After you select your train on the site{ I chose the freccciargento, a fast train) it takes you to the next page to select your seat.

At this point you can select the special19 euro which must be a special deal that only costs 19 euro 1 way, 2nd class. I cant give any more info since I didnt buy the tickets but it looked good to me.

Hope this helps.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,002 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pauda to Rome

Unfortunately, these specials are only available for Internet bookings. The Trenitalia site very seldom (if ever) accepts US credit cards, and often refuses cards from other countries.

5. Re: Pauda to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 04, 2011