We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how best to get from the Padova train station to the NH Mantegna Hotel? Is there a bus or tram, or is it a reasonable walk?

Many thanks!

Tidewater Virginia
Level Contributor
269 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

It is over 1 km from the train station to the hotel, so it is kind of a hike, especially if you have luggage. Buses 5, 14, and 18 go from the station down via Tommaseo past the hotel. Very easy.

Or it is a short taxi ride.

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

Please note that bus number 14 does not exist anymore!!!

Either number 5 or 18 would do but you would need to walk past the bus parking lanes and cross a traffic light, because you would need to go in the opposite direction.

If you take number 5 look for "via Orlandini" light sign on the front of the bus, if you take number 18 look for "Ponte di Brenta".

Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

Thank you both for your responses!

Ceccoman, the details are greatly appreciated; it really helps to have a clear idea of what you need to do and where you need to do it once you arrive(especially if you don't speak Italian!).

Thanks again.

Tidewater Virginia
Level Contributor
269 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

I'm sorry about the bus 14 misinformation. I got it from the bus company website, which apparently has not been updated.

Also, great tip from ceccoman! It is always best to have knowledge from someone who is right there.

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

I am glad I could help out.

I have experienced by myself that buses goes in two directions and Murphy's says you are most likely going to take the wrong one :)

padova
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

Bus 14 runs on a sunday doesn't it, instead of bus number 18.

padova
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

Also bus number 10 which is good to know as it gets into the evening.

Bus stop going in the right direction is the one furthest away from the station entrance!

8. Re: how to get from train station to NH Mantegna Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 29, 2010