We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast

Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Topic
Breakfast

Hi

We've booked to stay in Casa del Pellgrino in Sept. as it's close to St. Anthony's Shrine. We would prefer not to have breakfast in the hotel and were wondering if there are any nice cafes nearby that we could go to for Breakfast.

Also any recommendations for restaurants for dinner would also be welcome.

Many thanks

Siobhan

Mansfield U.K.
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast

There are 3 or 4 bar/pizzeria around the edge of Piazza Del Santo and I have had very acceptable light lunches at them but just what they offer for breakfast I can't imagine. It may be better to try the Hotel Donatello in the corner, they must have something on offer for their international visitors though I doubt it will be bacon and eggs.

On my wanderings about the city I did notice an intriguing restaurant in a garden by the river on Via San. Francesco more or less just behind Il Santo.

Pedrocchi's of course, if their creme caramelle is anything to go by their main courses must be fantastic.

Just love Padova.

Bob.

Tidewater Virginia
Level Contributor
266 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast

I agree with ltrav31. I doubt if there are any bars or cafes even open in the morning, much less serving a breakfast. Do like the Italians do and go to a pasticceria and select from a wide variety of tasty treats to go with your espresso or cappuchino.

I have been to the restaurant on the river. It is actually on a little island and is run by a Hungarian, so you get a fusion of flavors.

There are many wonderful restaurants in Padova. Our favorite is Gigi Bar on via Verdi. Also great are Osteria Speroni on via Speroni and Sette Teste on Via Battisti (try the coffee-infused pasta!). The best pizza in town is at Mandrillo on via Santa Lucia.

Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast

Thank you both for your help, much appreciated. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions before our visit.

Regards

Siobhan

4. Re: Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, September 08, 2009