We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good stop to shop for food

Which Breuil-Cervinia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Level Contributor
36 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Good stop to shop for food

Hi,

we will be arriving in Cervinia this coming Saturday. We are driving from Milan Airport and I was thinking to stop along the way at a bigger supermarket to stock up on food as we are in a self catering apartment. I find the shops in the ski resorts smaller and more expensive.

So, is there a bigger supermarket en route that is easy to stop at on the way to Cervinia?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good stop to shop for food

Assuming you fly into Malpensa airport (Milan has 3 airports), you'll want to take the SS336 South, to join the A4 autostrada at Marcallo. Exit the A4 at Novara Est and backtrack about 1 km toward the village of Galliate, there's a fairly large IperCoop supermarket there (you can actually see it from the A4 before leaving it).

Otherwise, there's a large Bennet hypermarket near the Ivrea exit on the A5 further on.

South Africa
Level Contributor
36 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good stop to shop for food

Hi FF,

I see now I did not give enough information - sorry about that. We are landing at Linate airport and want to drive via Como and Lake Maggiore before going down so I think the one near Ivrea will work out better.

Thank you for your help.

3. Re: Good stop to shop for food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 14, 2014