We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to go form Bolzano to Aosta

Bolzano, Italy
1 post
Save Topic
Cheapest way to go form Bolzano to Aosta

I will be travelling back and forth to Aosta (it) for the next little while and I'm looking for the cheapest alternative. Trains are quite expensive (100euros to and fro) and buses just don't seem to want to take me there.

Any ideas on how to do this?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,285 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to go form Bolzano to Aosta

The cheapest way is without a doubt by train - but you have to stick to regional trains (which is perfectly doable). The fare thus goes down to 33.55 one way (3 or 4 changes are required, transit time between 8.5 and 10 hours - it's a long way).

The bus would be an excellent alternative from Milan to Aosta, but there is no bus from Bolzano to Milan as far as I know (other than in peak season, and even so only only on weekends).

Edited: 5:15 pm, November 01, 2012
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,967 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to go form Bolzano to Aosta

Strategic advance booking might also help, particularly if you go a longer distance but probably no slower route. A super economy ticket on one of the many direct Frecciabianca trains between Verona and Torino Porta Susa can be as low as €9, leaving you with around an extra €19 to pay for Regional trains either end for a total of €28.

There can also be €9 advance fares on the very infrequent Frecciargento trains from Bolzano to Verona, which if available saves €1.70 over the Regional fare.

3. Re: Cheapest way to go form Bolzano to Aosta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 19, 2013