We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Ice man

Which Bolzano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
The Ice man

Sorry meant to ask if we can book a guided tour about the Ice Man on arrival either at the Museum or the tourist Centre.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Ice man

Hi,

I don't believe you can book yourself a guided tour unless you have a large group. You can buy tickets in advance and when you arrive, not have to wait in line to buy a ticket (it can get very busy at the Museum). When we visited there was a large group of school kids before us and it was very busy in general.

Note that if you buy tickets in advance on-line, they are NON REFUNDABLE. I

www.iceman.it/en/web-ticketing

Here's the location of the Museum:

www.iceman.it/en/arrival

Museum info:

www.iceman.it/en/museum-information

Paul

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Ice man

Thanks for that information and pity about the guided tour re The ice Man being only for groups as I read it was well worth it. May get a Museumobil Card which covers the entry to 80 museums plus 10 in Bolzano including this one, also saves on buses etc and trains.

Cheers

Niec

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
451 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Ice man

We visited Bolzano several years ago just to see this museum. As I recall the signage was pretty good, and we all got a lot out of seeing it.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,195 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Ice man

The museum is small and the first floor contains an exhibit with video and multiple posters that provide a good history. The second part of the exhibit comprises Oetzi and the objects found with him.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Ice man

Thanks all

I have been wanting to see this for some time and so I will make sure I do as we will be in Bolzano for the day anyway.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,984 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Ice man

You could book a tour with a guide – The price for the guide is €37,50 for up to 15 pax, but if willing to incur that cost, the guide would run the tour for one, or even two people. There are limited guides speaking English, so it’s very important to book well in advance so the museum could arrange for an English-speaking guide for your tour. In addition to the cost of the guide, the admission price is €9.

Vagabonda

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Ice man

Thanks Vagabonda

Will talk to co traveller about the cost for the tour...not so bad for two to share costs.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,984 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Ice man

Prego Niec,

The cost is reasonable, and you might be able to ask if anyone would like to join your tour once you arrive at the museum.

Seeing Ötzi is very moving.

tripadvisor.com/…12962370

Vagabonda

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Ice man

Thanks for the links Vagabonda, I guess the audio is not in English. I will still consider the tour guide. The alpine pastures with the horses I had read about and hopefully we will get up there as well as Otzi and Roncolo Castel.

So much to see and so little time.

Niec

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,984 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Ice man

Prego Niec - Isn't that always the case?!

There are no English audio guides at the museum.

Hope this works out for you - It's a wonderful museum.

Vagabonda