We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bolzano to Munich by train

Washington DC
Level Contributor
12 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Bolzano to Munich by train

I'll be traveling from Bolzano to Munich by train on Saturday, Sept. 1, after a week in the Val Gardena. When looking at a couple of rail sites today I noticed warnings, in German, of disruptions due to construction from Brenner to Innsbruck. Of course I don't speak German but was alarmed that there was any warning at all. Does anyone know anything about this? Have you experienced any difficulties?

Mentioned in this post
Val Gardena
Val Gardena
1,946 Reviews
Selva di Val Gardena, Italy
Bolzano
Bolzano
Province of South Tyrol, Italy
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Innsbruck
Innsbruck
Tirol, Austria
Washington DC
Level Contributor
12 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bolzano to Munich by train

The bad news? We traveled Bolzano-Munich Saturday, 1 September and experienced horrible disruptions due to construction. We disembarned at Brennero and were jammed onto buses for the admittedly brief journey to Innsbruck. The crew stoof by and offered little/no disruption. The scene was total confusion.

The good news? Disruptions scheduled to end by the end of September, when construction on new Brennero-Innsbruck rail line complete. In any case, there are no further advertsied disruptions.

We booked on www.bahn.com, which covers sudtirol region in Italy and Austria, and all of Germany. Very easy website to negotiate and very good fares. I am sure you can't buy this far ahead but my impression is schedules don't change that much so you can probably get a good idea of timing. Munich-Bolzano very quick four hours.

Mentioned in this post
Bolzano
Bolzano
Province of South Tyrol, Italy
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Innsbruck
Innsbruck
Tirol, Austria
Italy
Italy
Europe
Austria
Austria
Europe
Germany
Germany
Europe
Sydney
Level Contributor
73 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bolzano to Munich by train

Sorry to take so long to thank you for this very helpful information. I think I was looking at the wrong (or inferior) site, but now I will be all set. Thanks for advice on timing, etc. Happy travels to you.

13. Re: Bolzano to Munich by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 15, 2013