We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dora Railway Station

London, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dora Railway Station

I am interested in taking the fast train from Turin Airport to Dora Station in Turin, does it go close to the centre? or is its far out?

Mentioned in this post
Turin
Turin
Province of Turin, Italy
Leini, Italy
Level Contributor
379 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dora Railway Station

It's not in the city centre.

but it's not far away...

if you plan to go in piazza castello you can take the bus "11" and add some meters by foot or take the bus "52" end then change to "55". both "11" and "52" stops at the stop "n.361 Chiesa della Salute". the trip will be about 25 minutes long with both paths.

if you plan to somewhere in southern part of Turin, the path will be completely different: take a train from Dora Station to LIngotto Station (15 mintes long) and take there other public transport.

Mentioned in this post
Turin
Turin
Province of Turin, Italy
Ico
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dora Railway Station

Unfortunately, Dora Station is in a desolated part of town (not far from the city centre) which has recently hit the (local) headlines due to a massive drug dealing activity (taking place mostly during the night).

To avoid what would certainly be an unappealing first impact with our nice city, I would recomment that, from the airport, you take a bus. Alternatively, a taxi to anywhere in the city centre would cost you 25-30 euro.

London, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dora Railway Station

Thanks for advice people, think I will catch the bus..............

Leini, Italy
Level Contributor
379 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dora Railway Station

it's surprising for me to know that bad news.

I did read nothing on turinese newspaper, mut maybe I missed exactly that news.

anyway, I hope in the next future when the station/railiway rebuild will be completed also that problem will disappear

bus timetable

interval 30' from 06:30 thru 09:00

interval 45' from 09:00 thru 17:15

interval 30' from 17:15 thru 22:45

interval 45' from 22:45 thru 23:30

train timetable

interval 30' from 6:49 thru 21:19

that means the bus service time is larger

5. Re: Dora Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 24, 2009