We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

Which Turin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queenland, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

One of our party is arriving on the bus from Malpensa on a Sunday in September. We have tried 2 'slow food' restaurants that have been recommended but both are closed on Sunday! Is there a good authentic Italian restaurant (Piedmont food if possible) reasonably near to the bus station open for Sunday lunch?

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

Dear 333penny,

following your post there are not restaurants open on Sunday at lunch in the area "Cit-Turin Palazzo Giustizia" you can move walking or with the tram number "9" to the city center (Porta Nuova Railway Station) where you can find many options.

We send you the list of restaurants placed in the city center which propose typical Piedmontese Cooking: turismotorino.org/enogastronomia/…

You can contact them to make sure they are open on Sunday at lunch.

We stay at your disposal for any other information.

See you soon in Turin!

Queenland, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

Thank you for this list. Can your site be viewed in English? I cannot find an English version but you have helped narrow my search! Could you tell me where the bus from Malpensa would stop to further refine my search? Penny

UK
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

There is a line of national flags at the very top of the page, left hand side, to click. We have booked a holiday in Turin for later this year and have found the TurismoTorino site very helpful in my research.

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

Dear 333penny,

hereafter the link to the new English page version turismotorino.org/enogastronomia/…

Shuttle bus terminal from Malpensa is in corso Vittorio Emanuele II 131H.

Keep in touch for further information and see you soon in Turin!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
677 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

On Sundays we usually go to Eataly (Eataly Lingotto, the main place, not the smaller one in the centre), but you'll need a taxi. Or we go to La Granda, in piazza Solferino, which is a high quality and piemontese fast food. It's also good Il Padellino in corso Vinzaglio 21, but not traditional piemontese: mainly (but not only) pizza, though pizza is cooked in piemontese way, different from the usual way (the place name means, describes, how it is cooked: with "padellino"). But I'm sure there are also traditional trattorie which open on sundays: I'll have a look and should I find something nice I'll be back here in some days time. Have a nice stay!

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

My personal favourites are Tre Galline (via G. Bellezia, 37, -- a little expensive but very traditional) and L'Acino, both in the city centre (Via San Domenico 2/A). You can take tram 9 to Porta Nuova station and then 4 towards Porta Palazzo, or a short taxi ride. Both of them are quite high in TA rating and should be open on Sunday, but you need to reserve a table. Enjoy!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
677 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

Yes Sisyphus is right, and I remember L'acino is open.

8. Re: Recommended restaurant open for Sunday lunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 01, 2014