We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day excursion outside turin

Which Turin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MAlta
Level Contributor
66 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
day excursion outside turin

My friends and I will be coming to Turin in four weeks time for 3 full days. Apart from visiting the beautiful town, like the cinema museum and Egyptian museum, we also thought of taking a day excursion outside the town. Kindly note that we will not be hiring a car therefore the place we go to will have to accessible (easily) by public transport. We thought of Genova but the train times and length of the journey are not ideal. Someone suggested Bardonecchia but we will not be skiing.

Thanks in advance to all.

Shirley

Settimo Rottaro...
Level Contributor
638 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day excursion outside turin

Good day, sorry for my bad english.

Here the link with all museum church and all other you can look at Torino city.

http://www.visitatorino.com/en/

Have think at:

Superga where dead the Great Torino Soccer team?

There is a beautyfull panoramic view and also church and museum to look.

www.basilicadisuperga.com/arrivare.html

Stupinigi http://www.ordinemauriziano.it/tesori.html

Venaria http://www.lavenaria.it/web/

Ivrea and Canavese area is possible arrived with a train turismotorino.org/docs/…

This is only a part of all beauty that there is to look here near.

Good vacation

Romina

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
677 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day excursion outside turin

Hi! three full days are not too much to visit Torino itself. Museo dell'automobile? museo orientale (MAO)? Galleria d'arte moderna?

in any case, if you want to go out for a trip, there are many nice towns: Asti, Ivrea, Alba, Aosta...

Have a nice stay!

MAlta
Level Contributor
66 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day excursion outside turin

thanks a lot both of you! :)

Grazie Mille Romina. Andro ai siti web che mi ha consigliato and vedro dove andare.

Grazie

Settimo Rottaro...
Level Contributor
638 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day excursion outside turin

Sorry if the link are in Italian...if you have need other information, if I able to answer....

Good vacation

Romina

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day excursion outside turin

SVEL, really have a look at all that Romina has suggested to you.

There are some beautiful places just outside Turin, but still nex to the town, so you can reach them by suburban public transport.

Otherwise, you can have a day trip outside Piedmont, such as Aosta or Genova. But, as you have showed to know, you must consider the distance and a 2h trip by train (that is not so unbereable anyway!).

Malta
Level Contributor
31 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day excursion outside turin

Hi, my friends and I have just come back from Turin. We stayed there for 3 nights. Turin is a beautiful city with so many interesting places to visit and we also wanted to visit a place outside Turin and so we went by train to Bardonecchia. It is a wonderful place and although we don't ski, but it was very intersting for us, we took the ski lift, took a lot of photos , had lunch in a cafeteria at Camp Smith (skiing resort) and we really enjoyed it. You only have to take 1 train (we took it from Porta Nuova station).

I hope that you will enjoy your holiday as much as we did. Viva Torino and Bardonecchia. Enjoy!

MAlta
Level Contributor
66 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day excursion outside turin

Thanks a lot :) We going in two weeks time.

Bardonecchia looks nice :) we might stay in turin after all since I found a lot of things to do over there and we are going to Reggia of Venaria. Really looking forward for our turin vacation :D

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day excursion outside turin

@ TaboneForte

Thanks to have left us a feedback on you visit!

@ SVEL

You'll discover really beautiful places!

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: day excursion outside turin

Dear SvelMalta,

how suggested from other people, you can visit Bardonecchia or Susa: easily reachable by train from Porta Nuova Station.

If you are interested in Historic Residences, La Reggia di Venaria will be a special excursion for you.

We are sure you will appreciate our beautil city and its province.

See you soon.

MAlta
Level Contributor
66 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: day excursion outside turin

already been actually two weeks ago and I completely fell in love with Turin! it is such a lovely place, the people are so nice and friendly, the food is delicious! what else would you want! you live in a fantastic place. somewhere I will surely revisit!

we went to venereria ...what a place! surrounded by the beautiful Alps! wish I was still there :-D

Get answers to your questions about Turin