We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Romano Canavese from Turin

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
visiting Romano Canavese from Turin

A friend of mine has family in Romano Canavese and would like to go there. It looks like it doesn't have a train station. Would she travel there by bus? If she was in Torino would she take a train from Torino to Feletto and then continue by bus? If yes, do you have any idea what bus service this is and where I could find a timetable? Grazie!

Khartoum, Sudan
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
487 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting Romano Canavese from Turin

Well, she can reach Romano Canavese by bus or by train+bus, but forget Feletto!

BUS

In general there's the bus 3133 (Torino-Ivrea line), leaving in Piazza Dema, but more than one effectively; these are the bus lines which have stops in Romano Canavese: …torino.gov.it/cgi-bin/…

TRAIN + BUS

From Torino to Ivrea by train, then with the 3133 bus (reverse direction), taken near Ivrea train station (Via Dora Baltea, bus stop nex to "Bennet" supermarket).

Help with places: google maps

Help with train: www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Help with linking public transport lines: …torino.gov.it/cgi-bin/…ricerca_comune.cgi

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting Romano Canavese from Turin

Grazie!!, but why forget Feletto? Nothing to see?

Khartoum, Sudan
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
487 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting Romano Canavese from Turin

Not in this sense: I've said "forget" only beacuse is not functional, speaking about reaching Romano Canavese!

Stockholm, Sweden
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting Romano Canavese from Turin

and visiting Romano Canavese but from Malpensa? Im going there for a course. I live far away from Italy and don't know exactly how to come from Malpensa to Romano Canavese. :-)

marimati

Khartoum, Sudan
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
487 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting Romano Canavese from Turin

It would be better from Turin, but if you arrive at Malpensa, you have to go to Milan and there get a train which stops in Chivasso. Once at Chivasso Station, you have to take a regional train which let you reach Strambino.

However there is no means of transport which cover Strambino-Romano Canavese, apart from taxi.

Another way is Chivasso-Ivrea by train and Ivrea-Romano Canavese by coach (line 3133/Ivrea-Turin).

If you take the train directly at the Airport, it is a less trip from Malpensa to Ivrea (passing from Busto Arsizio); if you take the train from Milano both the trip to Ivrea and to Strambino last the same (but remeber that there are no public links between Strambino and Romano, at least according to my opinion and to google maps).

Info:

- http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=it&tab=ll

- www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

6. Re: visiting Romano Canavese from Turin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Turin