We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roman Journey - Acqui Terme

Sydney
6 posts
Save Topic
Roman Journey - Acqui Terme

Piedmontamore, you are a STAR*

Thank you for the brilliant recommendations for Valentine's Day in Piedmont! The Roman Journey at the Grand Hotel Nuove Terme sounds great.

I am just hoping to receive some feedback from anyone that has already embarked on this journey....???

It would be great to learn more about it.

Thanks.

The "Roman Journey" (Percorso Romano) is a thermal journey which recreates the antique ways of the roman spas, combining the "Salso-bromojodica" thermal water (Calidario area) with the sweet water (Frigidario area). The journey begins in the big thermal swimming pool (temperature 36°), to activate the "Sweating" (Sudatio) process, than on arrive in the waterfall area followed by a brief pause in the relaxation area, to eliminate toxins through sweating. After this first journey, the route will continue in the sweet water bath "Frigidario", in order to bring back the normal body temperature.

You can therfore make use of the sauna or turkish bath, repeating the bathing in cold water, followed by another pause in the relaxation area.

A massage is included with this roman route, available at any moment throughout the thermal journey.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Hotel Nuove Terme
Grand Hotel Nuove Terme
1,157 Reviews
Acqui Terme, Italy
Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roman Journey - Acqui Terme

funnily enough I have not indulged in the Roman treatment and would be fascinated to hear from anyome who has, do they have big Nubian slaves to scrape you down LOL.

london, UK
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roman Journey - Acqui Terme

Fietta, did u go to Grand Hotel Nuove Terme ? How was it? Can people go there just for the Roman Bath? How long does it take?

I might be tempted to try it at Easter!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Hotel Nuove Terme
Grand Hotel Nuove Terme
1,157 Reviews
Acqui Terme, Italy