We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2006 olympic games

1 post
Save Topic
2006 olympic games

my family a group of 8 people are planning to come for the olympics

we are looking for a farm house or a family to stay with for the whole trip

can you help me?

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2006 olympic games

I'm struggling here.

The 2004 Olympics were in Greece.

The 2008 ones are in China.

I don't understand why there are some in Italy in 2006.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Italy
Italy
Europe
Dallas, TX
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: 2006 olympic games

The winter games will be in Torino in 2006. They were in Salt Lake City in 2002. I believe Vancouver won the bid for 2010.

Athens,Greece
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 2006 olympic games

Hello!!!I live in Greece and I was a volunteer during the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Athens!!I had a great time and made many new friends, that's why I would really really like to be a volunteer in 2006 and also in 2008.I speak english and french quite frequently and now I am taking chinese lessons!!!

I also have one friend who would also like to participate as a volunteer at the 2006 Olympic Games. We were wondering if someone would be as kind to have us in his/her house during the Games. As an exchange we could have him/her in our house in summer...in Greece. So,what do you think??

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Rio de Janeiro, RJ...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: 2006 olympic games

I am also looking for a (cheap, if possible) place to stay during the games. I am planning to be a volunteer, but obviously it is still not decided. But I am going anyway.If someone has any knowledge of a place to stay during the whole Games period time, please get in touch or reply here.

Turin
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2006 olympic games

Hello

I work for the Winter Olympic Games in Turin

(more than 6 months now) I don't work in the acomadations function but I can help you guys with some usefull info on the region.

The territory doesn't have a great number of hotels, so if your interested you might want to consider organizing your self early on. On this site www.montagnedoc.it you can find what we call agriturismi; which are some farms that offer natural food and a place to sleep. Peolple in Turin and Piedmont in general arn't to open to house swapping, the best guess is to come over here in exploration and gather information from here.

You might want to consider the university of turin: it might be able to supply some beds in it's dormitories (remmember italians arn't keen on boarding schools or colleges). Begin from the university homepage; www.unito.it

Buy tickets from febbruary from our website, where you can also apply as a employe or as a volunteer.

Check out for VISAs depnding from where u come from; check out the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs web site it has everything you need to know on the argument (if u manage to work your way into it).

Last and best suggestion;

accomodation is cheaper in France, aswell as the mentality to host people home. Mongeneve, Briancon, SerreChevallier are three towns (Briancon is quite a big city actually: the biggest and Highest city of Europe I think) next to the boarder with Italy, and most of the olympic mountain venues are situated on the italian villages on this boarder; check out the map (use www.touring.it or something of the sort).

Thats all I can think of, hope I was usefull and hope to see you all in 2006

Mentioned in this post
Turin
Turin
Province of Turin, Italy
France
France
Europe
Briancon
Briancon
398 Reviews
Briancon, France
Europe
Europe
World
Italy
Italy
Europe
Turin
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2006 olympic games

Hello

I work for the Winter Olympic Games in Turin

(more than 6 months now) I don't work in the acomadations function but I can help you guys with some usefull info on the region.

The territory doesn't have a great number of hotels, so if your interested you might want to consider organizing your self early on. On this site www.montagnedoc.it you can find what we call agriturismi; which are some farms that offer natural food and a place to sleep. Peolple in Turin and Piedmont in general arn't to open to house swapping, the best guess is to come over here in exploration and gather information from here.

You might want to consider the university of turin: it might be able to supply some beds in it's dormitories (remmember italians arn't keen on boarding schools or colleges). Begin from the university homepage; www.unito.it

Buy tickets from febbruary from our website, where you can also apply as a employe or as a volunteer.

Check out for VISAs depnding from where u come from; check out the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs web site it has everything you need to know on the argument (if u manage to work your way into it).

Last and best suggestion;

accomodation is cheaper in France, aswell as the mentality to host people home. Mongeneve, Briancon, SerreChevallier are three towns (Briancon is quite a big city actually: the biggest and Highest city of Europe I think) next to the boarder with Italy, and most of the olympic mountain venues are situated on the italian villages on this boarder; check out the map (use www.touring.it or something of the sort).

Thats all I can think of, hope I was usefull and hope to see you all in 2006

Mentioned in this post
Turin
Turin
Province of Turin, Italy
France
France
Europe
Briancon
Briancon
398 Reviews
Briancon, France
Europe
Europe
World
Italy
Italy
Europe
Torino
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2006 olympic games

Ciao Mimi,

I deal with incoming hospitality and accommodation, maybe i Hopefully I can help you:

- arrival date and departure date

- number and type of rooms required (es. 1 double and 1 triple)

I'll give then you some options and rates.

ciao

Roberto.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2006 olympic games

Roberto,

I have a similar request - can you get in touch with me?

Thank you!

San Diego, CA
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: 2006 olympic games

Roberto,

Can you get in touch with me. I will need accomodations for the Olympics 2006.

Thanks

Kevin Valles

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
322 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2006 olympic games

Here is the website which has links for purchasing tickets. They go back on sale on February 10.

www.torino2006.org/evento/content.php…