We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

Which Orta San Giulio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

Hi, does anyone if know how you can plan and book a wedding in Lake Orta without using a wedding planner?

We are on a tight budget and wanted to organize it all ourselves but can't find any prices for booking a civil ceremony at Villa Bossi. Has anyone held their service there recently? We are looking to have 50 guests.

We are visiting this summer to look around some of the restaurants and accommodation but we just wondered if anyone could advise before then.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide,

Katie x

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

H there I am getting married there next August! I recently paid for the ceremony which Is being held at villa bossi and it cost me €600 which was approx £520 at the time . I also visited orta last year in the hope of not having to have a wedding planner but found that it would be quite hard work to try and organise everything ( especially the legal aspects of getting married abroad ) that I have decided to go with a planner linked to my reception venue at a very reasonable price.

If you need any help please feel free to send me a private message

Kind regards

X

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

Hi there,

I am hoping to get married at villa bossi in June 2014 without using a wedding planner. Can anyone please help me with how to do this? How to book the venue, how many days before do we have to be there, who to contact etc?

It is just going to be me and my fiancé with no reception hence trying to save the cost of a wedding planner.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Helen x

Borgomanero, Italy
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

Hello,

i live near Orta, maybe i can help you.

Please contact me at: info@ncccarservice.it

Bradford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

Hi,

My daughter is getting married in September, and isn't using a 'wedding planner'. Not totally sure of all the details, but do know that initially an Italian speaker at work, helped with the initial emailing. She then went there in November to meet the Registrar, and booked and paid for the legal side of the ceremony, (which involved an Italian translator).

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

Hi maxgi2014 sorry for the late response, thank you for the offer I have since found a translator to help with all the legal side and I'm now on track. I will keep you in mind if I get stuck if this is ok? :)

Hi abszaz, is your daughter having a wedding reception? If so where? We will just be having a meal but it's nice to know of good restaurants!

Many thanks

Helen

Bradford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

Hi Helen,

Yes, my daughter has booked a meal in a little rustic restaurant, (very simple). Basically we and wedding party, (40-50), will be taking over the restaurant! My daughter viewed the restaurant in November, and spoke to the manager etc., (it was closed at this stage, as out of season). I do not think she knows for sure how good it will be ..............purely went on location, look and gut feeling! If you are interested, can get the details. They are a little laid back on prompt replies, but nevertheless, totally helpful and accommodating.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

Hi abszaz,

It would be really great if you can get me the name of the restaurant and if it is in San Giulio town?

Thank you :)

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

Hi everyone,

WE are planning to hold our very small wedding, 20 pax family only, in July next year. We have received quotes from Italian lakes weddings. Does anyone know of then? Also can you recommend some good spots for accommodation and the ceremony? Any help on how you found it with the legal aspect would also help.

Thank you in advance,

Lidiya

9. Re: Wedding in Lake Orta -Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 28, 2015