We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport to/from Malpensa Airport/Orta San Giulio

Which Orta San Giulio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Public Transport to/from Malpensa Airport/Orta San Giulio

Arriving Malpensa airport on a Friday Evening in March (around 18:30), what is the best way to get to Orta San Guilio via public transport?

Is there a direct bus link or is train best idea? I believe there is a train station at Orta on the Novara-Domodossalla line, any ideas much appreciated.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport to/from Malpensa Airport/Orta San Giulio

This bus comazzibus.com/orari/e_pettenasco_malpensa.p… was running until December on prior reservation by telephone. I don't know if it is still running - you could try e-mail or telephone?

The last trains to Orta-Miasino station (which is not particularly close to the village) arrive around 20.00, and I do not believe that there is any way you can connect into them (e.g. by bus from Malpensa to Novara) at your arrival time.

Renting a car might well be the easiest option? But someone else may come up with another solution.

2. Re: Public Transport to/from Malpensa Airport/Orta San Giulio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 11, 2010